Max number of passengers on Rubicon trail?

Yes, the Jamboree can get people through to Rubicon Springs in one day. although many people do stop and camp at Buck Island (they have a repair location there, as well as at Rubicon Springs). Keep in mind they meet just after dawn in Georgetown to start... Lots of guys leave their rigs parked in the middle of the street the night before.

My wife often gets out and walks the more difficult parts of trails. She's actually become quite a good spotter after watching other spotters and seeing me and others go up trails. The Jeepers Jamboree will have hundreds of Jeeps on the trail, so all the difficult spots have waiting lines (that's why they blew up the Gatekeeper years ago - it was causing too much of a backup). Plenty of time for your passengers to get out and walk.

As for packing, the higher up on the Jeep, the lighter the load should be. On my rig, I had the sleeping bags, tent, and other bulky but lightweight stuff in the top rack, with heavier stuff in the lower rack.

I've seen people do the Rubicon with little off-road trailers, but I would not recommend it unless you are very experienced at that type of thing. Definitely not for a first-timer.

That was good advice to put the people you want to take in your Jeep and spend a day at Hollister. Riding in the back seat of a TJ for long periods, especially when rock climbing, can get pretty uncomfortable. It can be done, but once you start the Rubicon, it's not easy to get off, you're pretty much there for the duration. It's nice to bring friends, but you want them to still be friends at the end. :)

Reactions: Stevemack
well, were almost loaded for the jamboree...just a few more things for the wife....

2003 Rubicon loaded for Jamboree 2016.jpg

So I ended up purchasing the Barricade Roof Rack as well as the Barricade Roof Rack Basket from ExtremeTerrain.com and I am pretty satisfied especially because it cost $550 for both items. The installation was pretty rough as the tolerances for the holes were not very tight. I had to match drill some of the roof rack tubes in order to get the fasteners in there.

Here's a photo:

IMG_0696.JPG

The only way I'd even consider taking more than 2 people would be if I could carry 90% of my gear on my Jeep trailer, and dragging a trailer thru the Con is not for the weak minded or courteous to others that have to wait behind you. The trailer would need to be built to handle the same abuse your jeep will endure.
View attachment 67828
That is the coolest little trailer...wish you would do a thread on it.

Man that is unbelievable

I like to think I'm handy and then I see someone do something like that.

I also liked that picture with you heading out to the Rubicon with your daughter... Making memories like that with your children is just unbeatable.

You know the more I think about it...it seems like Jeeps tend to attract people that are just good people... Typically just down to earth , get the job done put food on the table kind of people

I have done the Jeepers Jamboree a few times, only one time with 3 people in my YJ. I was running 33's and ARB's front and rear. I took my son and my nephew, it was very tight in the back seat, and I had 2 racks. I felt very top heavy but it was doable. I don't know how you could take 4 people in a TJ. I now take my TJ with only 2 people, But we are considering doing Sierra Trek this summer with 3 people. The difference is we will be setting up camp ahead of time, so we will only be carrying a little food, cooler, tools. Without have to carry all of the camping gear, chairs, tents, etc.

DSC00406.JPG

IMG_2141 (1).JPG

jeep 1.jpg