Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

MaxBilt vs ORO LED taillights

jjvw

birds aren't real
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Maxbilt and ORO LED taillights. Are these the same light with different branding? Which one is the original?

Screenshot_20220523-070546_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-070822_Chrome.jpg

OP
jjvw

jjvw

birds aren't real
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I answered my own question. Now that I see pics side by side, MaxBilt has far more LEDs. They aren't the same light.

Reactions: Igoo65 and TRE3TOP

L J

Ranchos aren't real
Supporting Member
OROs are the ones with multple reports of failed LEDs. I've read no such thing about the Maxbilts. After watching a Maxbilt utube it seems the failures are due to the inferior design of the OROs (the way the LEDs are attached to the board).

Reactions: jjvw

rasband

Chris is a pussy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I see more discussion of the OROs earlier on forum history, so the Trail Tails are probably derivative. But they are much denser.

Apparently the early OROs had a design flaw early on where the motherboard would crack if they were tightened too much that was later fixed (unconfirmed).

Most Genright things I've bought I've been less than happy with.

mvigo

just a humble beekeeper...
Lifetime Supporting Member
MaxBilt was founded by Phil Norvold, a very cool dude. I have Maxbilt's prototype 20 gal skid on my CJ. I called him up 10 years ago, told him there wasn't anything on the market and he made it happen. Go with the Trail Tails, if I ever go to LED taillights, that is what I will use...

OP
jjvw

jjvw

birds aren't real
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
MaxBilt was founded by Phil Norvold, a very cool dude. I have Maxbilt's prototype 20 gal skid on my CJ. I called him up 10 years ago, told him there wasn't anything on the market and he made it happen. Go with the Trail Tails, if I ever go to LED taillights, that is what I will use...
I wonder if ORO is using an early MB design. Or they are ripping off MB with a cheaper light that they charge more for.

mvigo

just a humble beekeeper...
I wonder if ORO is using an early MB design. Or they are ripping off MB with a cheaper light that they charge more for.
Don't know the answer to that question...all I can say is my experience with MaxBilt has been nothing short of spectacular...They are Jeep addicts who run a Jeep business...

Reactions: jjvw
OP
jjvw

jjvw

birds aren't real
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
You wanting round? No Savvy’s?
I'm weighing a few options. Savvy is high on the list, but we know how things have been with them recently.

One option that I really like is how Blaine sunk the stock housing up to the lense into the tub. It keeps the stock look. But I need to come to terms with chopping a big hole into the future corner armor. And I need to make sure I have room behind the shock tower after the future stretch.

DSC_5882.jpeg
DSC_5896.jpeg

Last edited:

Apparition

TJFest June Edition 2023
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm weighing a few options. Savvy is high on the list, but we know how things have been with them recently.

One option that I really like is how Blaine sunk the stock housing up to the lense into the tub. It keeps the stock look. But I need to come to terms with chopping a big hole into the future corner armor. And I need to make sure I have room behind the shock tower after the future stretch.

View attachment 332336View attachment 332337
I’m struggling with the round taillight shape myself. The rectangular ones just seem right to me.

TRE3TOP

TJ Addict
I have the maxbilt and have been pleased with them. They have a lifetime warranty, ORO only has 90 days, can’t speak for any of the other companies. I had an issue with my driver side running light going out on mine but everything else still worked, within two days of calling I had a new light in my hand at no charge. That’s a company I’ll stand behind.

Apparition

TJFest June Edition 2023
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
100%. I’ve heard a few people say they didn’t like the way the LED’s lit up but if you don’t like the round, they def aren’t for you.
Toximus has the Savvy's on his rig at TJFest. I liked how they looked.

Looking back at some Blaine builds he's used both Max Bilt and Savvy and they both look good when done well.

someguysjeep

simple guy
i got flush rounds now..... bright as hell and didn't cost me 200$. tryin to recall what brand they are. i bought them based on a post here somewhere. the reverse lamps are real bright.
i chose the clear version but it comes red too iirc. i'll try and remember.

Reactions: JMT