May 2020 Ride of the Month Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a hole

20200502_121758.jpg

@MX952, please read the contest rules. You keep submitting your photo in portrait mode, but the rules clearly state that photos can not be taken in portrait mode.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't use portrait mode photos for the site banner. If you have a photo that isn't in portrait mode, please submit that one instead. Thanks (y)

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
@MX952, please read the contest rules. You keep submitting your photo in portrait mode, but the rules clearly state that photos can not be taken in portrait mode.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just can't use portrait mode photos for the site banner. If you have a photo that isn't in portrait mode, please submit that one instead. Thanks (y)
I don't understand why smartphone users can't seem to figure out how to turn their device sideways...

I don't understand why smartphone users can't seem to figure out how to turn their device sideways...

If there is one thing that annoys me more than the whole thread titles thing, it's people taking photos in portrait mode. It's almost insulting :ROFLMAO:

Pictures were never meant to look that way, and by taking them in that manner, you're cutting out a potentially scenic background. Plus, as I said, they are unusable in almost any form of web design whatsoever. I can't fit a photo taken in portrait mode into the site banner, that's for sure!

Okay, rant over :LOL:

I have a bunch of great pictures people took of my Jeep that I can’t use because of this. Annoys the hell out of me they take them that way.

Reactions: Chris and Zorba
Depending on the picture, it certainly can be possible to crop it, but that often ruins it. Portrait mode video is even worse!
Yes, sometimes I can drop them and make it work. It depends on the resolution of the photo and the placement of the Jeep. There’s a lot of variables that go into play.

But nonetheless, I absolutely can’t stand when people take photos in portrait mode unless it’s a selfie, or just a quick photo of something or someone. Good photos though, they don’t belong in portrait mode 🙄

Reactions: Zorba

My bad, just posted and didn’t even think about it.

Hopefully that last one worked.

Nope, still portrait mode, but I fixed it for you by cropping it in Photoshop.

Stop taking photos with your phone upright. Turn it on it's side ;)

Then you won't be taking them in portrait mode (y)

Reactions: Zorba

But nonetheless, I absolutely can’t stand when people take photos in portrait mode unless it’s a selfie, or just a quick photo of something or someone. Good photos though, they don’t belong in portrait mode 🙄

Next year I'm going to make my entries square. :)

Yes, sometimes I can drop them and make it work. It depends on the resolution of the photo and the placement of the Jeep. There’s a lot of variables that go into play.

To be fair, in a thread on mobile, the portrait photos do look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.