MBRP exhaust pressed against rear shock

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Installed an MBRP exhaust today to replace cracked stock one and the tail pipe is pretty much seated against the rear shock . Not much way to wiggle it any other direction , it also looks like the my rear shock relocation brackets are causing it be even closer . Any options here ? Am I going to prematurely ruin my rear shock ?

image.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Vasq
Not sure if you can gently and precisely clearance that with a BFH or not, but you could always swing by your local exhaust shop and have them take care of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: connor grimes
can I run it like this for a couple days or will my shock be ruined ? Also are there any other ways to mount rear shocks instead of using the relocation brackets , I kind of forget why I even have them on but did it when I installed my life some time ago

I think that totally depends on how hard it's pushing on that shock. Not something we can see with pics. If it was just tickling it I would drive it for a few days until I could get it to a shop or fix it myself.

I’ve got the same problem with my oem exhaust and the relocation brackets.
Because of that I have decided to have my local shop build a system rather than bolt on. Your local shop should be able fabricate with what you have if needed.
Depends on how tight it is but it may just scrape some paint off. Have you tried to bend the exhaust brackets around to make a lil room?

I accomplished the same with large hammer.. and now it rattles on my fuel tank guard. It looks like a trip to a muffler shop is the likable cure. Or turn up the radio, to cancel out the sound..
Two styles of rattles, one you know what it is and can live with, the other is an unknown rattle, that one will drive you nuts.