MC t-bar question

Ahoragi

TJ Addict
Does anyone know what lift heights the MC front trackbar is designed for? Will it work with 1.5" of lift?

Just wondering....

As with almost any track bar out there, most of them require at least 3" of suspension lift in order to be of any benefit.

I ran one at 2.5" of lift but encountered some serious binding issues when cycling the suspension.

That being said, it will fit with little to no lift, but you'll likely run into serious issues with it binding (and hitting) under any sort of suspension flex whatsoever.

+1 on that. Almost no one builds parts for low lift applications on the TJ. Life seems to begin at 3" of lift. I've been trying to engineer a workable lift in the 1 1/2" - 2" max range for almost a year now with not a lot of success. The number of other modifications that are needed to make a low lift work are pretty extensive on both the front and the rear. I know that it is counter intuitive, but it is what it is. It seems that the best set ups for a low lift are MC (latest iteration), Currie, and JKS for front track bars. ( @Chris isn't wrong on the MC track bar by the way) You'll need to throw in a WJ (IIRC) V8 tie rod and use the stock front diff cover or one from Barnett. In reality, you will also probably need to add about 1" of additional bump stop to the front to get all of this to play nice together. There is supposed to be a Moog non-adjustable TJ "problem solver" front track bar for the TJ that is stronger and stiffer than stock, but I haven't actually seen one to gauge it's worthiness off road. It also clears at low lift heights. Us low lift guys are out there on our own, and are going to have to invent as we go.

There is a good discussion on this subject (120 pages or so) on Jeep Forum in the TJ technical section. Worth wading through a lot of "will this work" stuff to glean the meat out of the thread. Link: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-front-adjustable-track-bars-0-3-5-does-yours-hit-fit-738948/

It's tough not being cool.

Hey Chris! You moved to Salem?!

Last edited:
@StG58, yes, we bought a nice house in West Salem. Our money doesn't go far up here in Portland so we decided to move to Salem where our money goes much, much further. The house we bought down in Salem is in a super nice area and cost us 240k. The equivalent house in Portland in a similar neighborhood would have been close to 500k.

Reactions: Stinger
Congratulations Chris! It looks like the newest member of the family arrived as well, if your avatar is any indication. Lots of good stuff happening in your life.

Reactions: Chris
Congratulations Chris! It looks like the newest member of the family arrived as well, if your avatar is any indication. Lots of good stuff happening in your life.

Indeed! Everything has been happening all at once, that's why I haven't been as active as I usually am. The house we bought closes on the 25th of this month, so we are in the process of packing, planing and taking care of a newborn!

Reactions: Stinger