MCE fenders—still waiting

dogbreath650

Supporting Member
Anybody received MCE fenders lately. I ordered some the beginning of Sept and still waiting, apparently they are on back order, something with supply venders way behind due to all the orders that came in as a result of their sales promotion. I'm pretty patient with COVID and everything so I'm not bitchin, just wondering when I might be seeing them.

That's interesting. I was just about to order a set. I've been debating between the MCE's and traditional tube fenders. If they're backordered that far back I guess I'll look and see if there are any black friday deals on tube fenders.

In my personal opinion nearly anything is a better choice than MC. They are great at marketing to make some believe they have the only way to Nirvana but to me its all bullshit with smoke and mirrors added for effect.

In my personal opinion nearly anything is a better choice than MCE. They are great at marketing to make some believe they have the only way to Nirvana but to me its all bullshit with smoke and mirrors added for effect.
Do you have any other recommendations? I had based my interest in part off of some of your previous positive posts and your installation write up. I am very interested in your experience with them and what changed your mind.

In my personal opinion nearly anything is a better choice than MC. They are great at marketing to make some believe they have the only way to Nirvana but to me its all bullshit with smoke and mirrors added for effect.
Please tell me you’re talking about MetalCloak and not MCE. They are not even close to the same.....

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Do you have any other recommendations? I had based my interest in part off of some of your previous positive posts and your installation write up. I am very interested in your experience with them and what changed your mind.
Whoops, sorry I was thinking MC (Metal Cloak) not MCE.

During my research I found this endorsement from Savvy's account on a seperate forum. Is it still accurate?
Savvy
The OEM joint between the plastic flare and sheet metal is what rubs when you are articulate. Take that away and you gain at least 1.5"
The MCE's do just that. These are the fenders we recommend for all of our customer as we know they won't be bashing up their a-pillars like metal fenders do. Even stock fender can wrinkle the tub when hit. Replacing a fender is a lot easier than fixing the a-pillar section of your tub.

During my research I found this endorsement from Savvy's account on a seperate forum. Is it still accurate?
Savvy
The OEM joint between the plastic flare and sheet metal is what rubs when you are articulate. Take that away and you gain at least 1.5"
The MCE's do just that. These are the fenders we recommend for all of our customer as we know they won't be bashing up their a-pillars like metal fenders do. Even stock fender can wrinkle the tub when hit. Replacing a fender is a lot easier than fixing the a-pillar section of your tub.
Yes, MCEs are awesome and highly recommended. They do their job well.

Reactions: 06lj
Inquiring minds would like to know.

The upwards gain is nearly the same with a slight edge to MCE. But that is a nearly useless gain unless something is way out of balance in the build or one purposely builds to it. MCE retains the factory inner fender, so Metalcloak has the slight advantage there, but only slightly. Pick your poison.

Reactions: 06lj and Chris
I was going to go with MCE I liked the square edges. I don't care for the rounded edges on tube fenders so this why I ended up with Poison Spyder and their inner fenders.

Anybody received MCE fenders lately. I ordered some the beginning of Sept and still waiting, apparently they are on back order, something with supply venders way behind due to all the orders that came in as a result of their sales promotion. I'm pretty patient with COVID and everything so I'm not bitchin, just wondering when I might be seeing them.
Where did you order them from? There are several retailers who claim they are in stock and will ship next day. Whether that is accurate could be another story. 4wd.com has them for 10% off today.

Curious if you ever got your MCE fenders. I placed an order on 11/15 and haven't heard anything from them. I love the style and the price, but really disappointed in the customer service.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris