MCE fenders on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meerkatt (Pack of 10) 3/4" Inch Mini Round Amber LED Bullet Side Marker Clearance Lamp SMD Indicator Signal Light Waterproof Marine Bus RV Trailer Truck ATV with rubber grommets 12V DC Extra Bright https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DK1N7VF/?tag=wranglerorg-20

did you end up trying these before sending them back and getting the ones from MCE? I got an $8 pair by "Partsam" but they don't work correctly. They work fine as turn signals, and they work as side markers, but they don't work as turn signals when the side markers are on. Trying to find an amazon solution that I can get to my house tomorrow so I don't have to wait for the MCE's.

did you end up trying these before sending them back and getting the ones from MCE? I got an $8 pair by "Partsam" but they don't work correctly. They work fine as turn signals, and they work as side markers, but they don't work as turn signals when the side markers are on. Trying to find an amazon solution that I can get to my house tomorrow so I don't have to wait for the MCE's.

I never opened the bag. I ended up with the MCE 3 wire lights. They work as long as I have one incandescent turn signal. This suggests that I need to add a resister, but I haven't delved into that yet.

I never opened the bag. I ended up with the MCE 3 wire lights. They work as long as I have one incandescent turn signal. This suggests that I need to add a resister, but I haven't delved into that yet.

darn.

my truck broke down last night, I suspect possibly fuel pump which means the TJ is closer to driveable and I'm in a rush. I might wire these Partsams back up and yank them back out in a week when I can get some MCE's here. You said they were in a daystar box (which makes sense because why would MCE make their own LEDs) but I'm not coming up with ANYTHING about daystar 3/4 LED's anywhere.

OR....I might leave the driver side wired up and not put one in the passenger side at all, and wait for MCE's.

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 42. Vehicles and Traffic § 42-4-215. Signal lamps and devices--additional lighting equipment said:
(2) Any motor vehicle may be equipped, and when required under this article must be equipped, with lamps showing to the front and rear for the purpose of indicating an intention to turn either to the right or to the left.  The lamps showing to the front must be located on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and when in use display a white or amber light, or any shade of color between white and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the front in normal sunlight, and the lamps showing to the rear must be located at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, except as provided in section 42-12-204 , when in use must display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the rear in normal sunlight.  When actuated, the lamps must indicate the intended direction of turning by flashing the light showing to the front and rear on the side toward which the turn is made.

so though I'd prefer to have a side marker and turn signal facing the side of the vehicle, I should be fine to drive for a week without getting ticketed for it.

Reactions: rasband
darn.

my truck broke down last night, I suspect possibly fuel pump which means the TJ is closer to driveable and I'm in a rush. I might wire these Partsams back up and yank them back out in a week when I can get some MCE's here. You said they were in a daystar box (which makes sense because why would MCE make their own LEDs) but I'm not coming up with ANYTHING about daystar 3/4 LED's anywhere.
Daystar bought MCE a few years ago.

@IPerkWVU you get these installed? Have any pictures?
I might have to drive down to Cincy and check them out. I love the way they look.

I like them a lot, do exactly what I wanted them to. Sure thing, ill be around anytimr after labor day

20200705_091926.jpg

20200718_160832.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.