Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

Looks really crowded in there lol.
Yep... an the bracket is annoying sensitive to the location and angle to avoid the link hitting the tire. After fighting it for a long time I caved and threw on a 1/4" spacer to my 3.75" wheels to make it work.

Reactions: taylormade73
Paint touch up turned out pretty good.
20210403_091034.jpg
20210403_092445.jpg

You know, if you don't actually have Savvy products and you hear about them all the time and see then all the time in photos on here, you can only have an appreciation that they're quality products with nice aesthetics. The actual fit and function can only be related by those that install and use them. And that can be taken with a grain of salt or through a tainted lens if you feel a certain way about people or products on here.

With that said, I must say that I have been impressed with my Savvy products, but after this bumper install, I have a new appreciation for the fit and finish of Savvy products. The thought that went into the simplicity and fit of this bumper and skid is remarkable. My respect and admiration for @mrblaine 's thought and design into Savvy products continually rises. Thank you for putting so much into the TJ world when the aftermarket is dominated by newer jeeps.

To those that call us Savvy fanboys you can fuck right off.

You know, if you don't actually have Savvy products and you hear about them all the time and see then all the time in photos on here, you can only have an appreciation that they're quality products with nice aesthetics. The actual fit and function can only be related by those that install and use them. And that can be taken with a grain of salt or through a tainted lens if you feel a certain way about people or products on here.

With that said, I must say that I have been impressed with my Savvy products, but after this bumper install, I have a new appreciation for the fit and finish of Savvy products. The thought that went into the simplicity and fit of this bumper and skid is remarkable. My respect and admiration for @mrblaine 's thought and design into Savvy products continually rises. Thank you for putting so much into the TJ world when the aftermarket is dominated by newer jeeps.

To those that call us Savvy fanboys you can fuck right off.
It is nice to see folks that actually understand how things work. To most, yeah, whatever, just an aluminum bumper that costs way more than it should, who gives a shit?

There is a lot of thought and design elegance that went into it just to make and keep it simple. Very few will get it but it is awesome when someone does.

Got the axle shafts, brake lines, rotors and calipers installed. She's ready to go back under. I fucked up though...I didn't seal off my main brake line good enough and most of my fluid drained out onto my driveway over this past week. Looks like bleeding will take a bit longer now. 😔
20210404_133505.jpg
20210404_133515.jpg

Reactions: Alex01
It looks like you painted the winch hoop black.
I did. It's was raw steel and needed to be painted. The tow hooks came painted black from Savvy, so I just painted the winch hoop. I guess I could find a paint to try to match the raw aluminum of the bumper, but that is for another day. For now, I'll run it black.

I did. It's was raw steel and needed to be painted. The tow hooks came painted black from Savvy, so I just painted the winch hoop. I guess I could find a paint to try to match the raw aluminum of the bumper, but that is for another day. For now, I'll run it black.
Your dry sense of humor detector is FUBAR today. You already said it was raw steel and you painted it black.