Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

If this is an issue, what's the fix?
20210411_175434.jpg

I've only ever seen the Currie with one hole. The second smaller hole on his is the crooked one so that leads me to believe someone other than Currie did that.
Yeah. That flipping shop that installed my PSC stripped out the fine thread hole and then redrilled (crookedly) another hole and put a course thread 1/2" - 13 in it. That is what I get for using "having no time to work on my rig" as an excuse to ignore the principle of "stop paying other people to fuck your shit up"

Yeah. That flipping shop that installed my PSC stripped out the fine thread hole and then redrilled (crookedly) another hole and put a course thread 1/2" - 13 in it. That is what I get for using "having no time to work on my rig" as an excuse to ignore the principle of "stop paying other people to fuck your shit up"
In their defense, I have stripped several or enough that I am extremely careful with them and would much prefer something else in there, even a regular flange nut with a small leg of 1/4" rod welded to it.

Reactions: Daryl
In their defense, I have stripped several or enough that I am extremely careful with them and would much prefer something else in there, even a regular flange nut with a small leg of 1/4" rod welded to it.
Yeah, I don't think the flag nut is hardened. I put a Grade 8 bolt and nut with locktite in there last night while servicing my front JJs.
20210411_175434.jpg

My Grandfather used to say something similar. His version was something like this..."Fix it yourself. If you screw it up, you'll know better next time!" He was correct! :)

Ok, so precession is finally eliminated. I replaced track bar bolt and nut, upper control arm bolts and nuts and serviced the JJs. My upper JJs weren't in the best of shape. I had a spare so I replaced this one.
20210412_195806.jpg
Also, set toe-in, centered steering wheel (shop that did PSC didn't 😑) and it's back to driving like a dream.

Another item I handled while taking the front end apart was replacing the soft brake lines with extended lines in the front. They've been sitting on my shelf for a year now.
20210412_221332.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
Another sad point of note with that shop's PSC install, my feed line from the reservoir to the pump is leaking and my pump is making a slight noise (either bad from PSC or was smoked by shop by not bleeding correctly). Either way, I've got more work to do on the PSC.
20210412_182037.jpg

Ok, so precession is finally eliminated. I replaced track bar bolt and nut, upper control arm bolts and nuts and serviced the JJs. My upper JJs weren't in the best of shape. I had a spare so I replaced this one. View attachment 243344Also, set toe-in, centered steering wheel (shop that did PSC didn't 😑) and it's back to driving like a dream.

Another item I handled while taking the front end apart was replacing the soft brake lines with extended lines in the front. They've been sitting on my shelf for a year now. View attachment 243345
If that last pic is the current state of the brake flex lines, I doubt they will live long like that. They need to swap side for side with the hard part off the banjo fitting pointing up and inward slightly to miss the bleeder.

Reactions: tombicon
Another sad point of note with that shop's PSC install, my feed line from the reservoir to the pump is leaking and my pump is making a slight noise (either bad from PSC or was smoked by shop by not bleeding correctly). Either way, I've got more work to do on the PSC. View attachment 243346
That line is what I would typically consider too short to flex properly. As the engine rocks over under torque, that will pull on the hose and either break the fitting or make the line start leaking. Short is good, too short is not. All provided that I'm seeing the reservoir on the fender. If not, disregard since it will move with the motor.

Reactions: taylormade73
If that last pic is the current state of the brake flex lines, I doubt they will live long like that. They need to swap side for side with the hard part off the banjo fitting pointing up and inward slightly to miss the bleeder.
That's what I thought, but they were labeled right and left. I actually had them like that at first but not swapped I'll do that tomorrow
20210411_181508.jpg

That line is what I would typically consider too short to flex properly. As the engine rocks over under torque, that will pull on the hose and either break the fitting or make the line start leaking. Short is good, too short is not. All provided that I'm seeing the reservoir on the fender. If not, disregard since it will move with the motor.
Yes, reservoir is on the fender. Lengthen the line or mount differently?