Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

Knowing just how much work it takes to unravel the efforts of others, I can sympathize. On the plus side, you're getting some great encouragement and advice here. Those are the things that brought me to this site. Keep at it, you're a lot closer than I am! ;)

Reactions: taylormade73
That line is what I would typically consider too short to flex properly. As the engine rocks over under torque, that will pull on the hose and either break the fitting or make the line start leaking. Short is good, too short is not. All provided that I'm seeing the reservoir on the fender. If not, disregard since it will move with the motor.
My feed line came loose recently at the reservoir fitting also and started leaking. @mrblaine do you ever use loctite on AN fittings or is there a torque spec?

My feed line came loose recently at the reservoir fitting also and started leaking. @mrblaine do you ever use loctite on AN fittings or is there a torque spec?
We always use Red on the threads into the reservoir. That lets us tighten the crap out of the flare fittings and not have them break the other threads loose when we have to remove them. Also stops the small bit of weeping that always seems to happen.

Reactions: D M
We always use Red on the threads into the reservoir. That lets us tighten the crap out of the flare fittings and not have them break the other threads loose when we have to remove them. Also stops the small bit of weeping that always seems to happen.
Mine came loose at the flare. I will use some red loctite on the reservoir threads and then put on my big boy pants and get that flare fitting tighter this time.

Mine came loose at the flare. I will use some red loctite on the reservoir threads and then put on my big boy pants and get that flare fitting tighter this time.
The only way it "should" have come loose is if the hose is too short and the engine movement is pulling on it. Other than that, even just snug they don't generally come loose.

The only way it "should" have come loose is if the hose is too short and the engine movement is pulling on it. Other than that, even just snug they don't generally come loose.
Now that you mention movement, I did have a motor mount fail recently. The excessive movement of the engine may have loosened it. I believe the hose is long enough. I will reinstall the fittings and monitor it closely.

PSC1.jpg

Now that you mention movement, I did have a motor mount fail recently. The excessive movement of the engine may have loosened it. I believe the hose is long enough. I will reinstall the fittings and monitor it closely.

View attachment 243459
No, that was just all you not getting it tight. Hose is plenty long. Angle is good, just you.

If you don't have any clearance/rubbing issues without steering stops installed on the knuckles, what are negative consequences running without them? Does/will it compromise any of the stock/Currie/PSC steering components?

If you don't have any clearance/rubbing issues without steering stops installed on the knuckles, what are negative consequences running without them? Does/will it compromise any of the stock/Currie/PSC steering components?
The problems can be many or none. The issue lies in the fact that the left side stop controls how far the other side can turn and vice versa. It doesn't take much to over turn either side when the opposite side controls the angle and tear up a u-joint an or yoke from yoke bind.

Reactions: taylormade73
The problems can be many or none. The issue lies in the fact that the left side stop controls how far the other side can turn and vice versa. It doesn't take much to over turn either side when the opposite side controls the angle and tear up a u-joint an or yoke from yoke bind.
Ok. I realize they are one item I forgot to transfer over when I installed the BBK 2 years ago. I've been running without them.

Edit: so I guess I'll be looking for some.

Summits on the ball, they don't F around. and only 35m away if i gotta have it today.

i think i'm only 3 stickers away from being able to cover the whole jeep, think they'd throw somthin my way for advertising, haha.