Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

3 coats of clear. Not great but way better than before.
20210805_185342.jpg
20210805_185401.jpg

On a Currie Correctlink, how easy should you be able to roll/twist/rotate the tie-rod or drag link by hand?

Edit: I'm not referring to adjusting the collars, rather what would be considered acceptable TRE movement In this system?

Last edited:
If you need more than a hitch pin and a soft shackle, you might need to tug from someplace else.
That's what I thought. But I asked because I remember seeing Nick's Jeep in Moab with something sticking out of his receiver; and I thought to myself, "That has to drag." So, it's either something he added after your work or my memory is shot to shit. Thanks for clarifying.

On a Currie Correctlink, how easy should you be able to roll/twist/rotate the tie-rod or drag link by hand?

Edit: I'm not referring to adjusting the collars, rather what would be considered acceptable TRE movement In this system?
i can move the shanks by hand on the one on my basement floor............ and i can move my 1T TRE's on the rig now by hand a bit.

You can move the pins by hand after they have worn in a bit. They should rotate easily but no excessive play. No popping up and down on the ball. The drag link will only move a small amount since the body is slotted.

Well, fuck me. I've been noticing a slight vibe lately. So, I was just inspecting everything driveline related and found this. Those fuckers at Hilift Offroad hired by Carbon to replace the front axle seals under warranty right before Moab must have fucked up the hub bearing preload on reinstall. Pretty sure my bearings are smoked. 😡

Last edited:
You can move the pins by hand after they have worn in a bit. They should rotate easily but no excessive play. No popping up and down on the ball. The drag link will only move a small amount since the body is slotted.
Is this too much?