Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

where ya hidin?
gonna do any wheelin this winter?

what trailer are you runnin? axle rating?
wondering if 3500's are enough or should i go up to 5200's.
Just working a lot. Our industry is seasonal, so i have to sell like hell during the warm times. Ill have more time on my hands than i know what to do with before long.

Yeah, ill do some Winter wheeling in between Jeep surgeries. Your rig be ready to wheel soon?

Running a 20ft deck over with 5200lb axles. Probably overkill, but thats what i do.

ya soon, gonna do some miles tomrw.
i gotta get the trailer together now. might try and get a trip south in depending on the weather.

kinda got a raw deal on this trailer skeleton i bought ............. has 6 lug hubs and 12" brakes all around, but after takin it apart the spindles are tiny. .91 on the small bearing and 1.5 on the big 1, that's like a 2k axle spindle not a 5k.
so i'm gonna buy a pair. all new axles and suspension.

i'm leaning toward the 5k series, a few hundred more but 1 axle will support the whole load if anything went to crap.

ya soon, gonna do some miles tomrw.
i gotta get the trailer together now. might try and get a trip south in depending on the weather.

kinda got a raw deal on this trailer skeleton i bought ............. has 6 lug hubs and 12" brakes all around, but after takin it apart the spindles are tiny. .91 on the small bearing and 1.5 on the big 1, that's like a 2k axle spindle not a 5k.
so i'm gonna buy a pair. all new axles and suspension.

i'm leaning toward the 5k series, a few hundred more but 1 axle will support the whole load if anything went to crap.
Let me know if you want to put aomething together for a run. Not cutting on mine till Jan.

Reactions: someguysjeep
wondering if 3500's are enough or should i go up to 5200's.
3500's are at the edge of capacity and wear more. 7000 - 1800 trailer weight leaves 5200 lbs. Your rig won't be less than 4500 which leaves a margin of capacity of 700 lbs. That isn't a lot of cargo and you're running at max. 5200's tagged at 9,999 in most places to avoid commercial plates lets you not worry about wear.

nice score.

some guys sittin on 2 miller 252's for 1100ea, i'm real tempted.
Im kicking myself for passing on a Miller 211 with cart, tank and gas, Speedglas helmet, and gloves for $1350. Claims it was only used 3 times. It was un Michigan. We're there every weekend watching our son play football.

Im kicking myself for passing on a Miller 211 with cart, tank and gas, Speedglas helmet, and gloves for $1350. Claims it was only used 3 times. It was un Michigan. We're there every weekend watching our son play football.
Kick yourself twice. Once in each cheek! ;)

Reactions: rasband
Received my raised sway bar links. Lip balm didn't fair too well during transit though.
20220125_183649.jpg
20220125_183655.jpg

I have so much work I've been putting off. Gotta find the motivation somewhere.

Reactions: taylormade73
Are you coming to Moab this year in April? That might be good motivation!
Maybe. If i do it will only be for a couple days. I took over as director of sales this year at the company i work for, so my responsibilities are tenfold. As a senior sales rep before, i came and went as i pleased as long as i produced.

While i enjoyed the freedom, i decided to challenge myself with this position. Plus, we are a rapidly growing smaller company, which will provide me with significant opportunity. I've been with them since the company's infancy 10 years ago.

With all that said, i'd love to see you guys again and meet some others that did not make it last year, but haven't committed to 2 days drive time there and 2 days back just to spend a couple days.

a Miller 212 came up last wk for 1k ..........i didn't have the cash on hand to go get it. was gonna send you a PM but it was sold less than 30m later.
Prices of welders has gone through the roof. I bought a new 211 last year for just under $1200. Now, they're $1750. o_O