Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

Savvy taillight wired and installed.

42D7BBA8-E4AD-4972-9088-DB2FE4F43030.jpeg

FBA790A2-D0F5-42B9-B762-FE737E643F94.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been grabbing Savvy parts when they become available for the past year or two, just in case they discontinue them. I’ll be purchasing a mid arm if they come back in stock just to have it even though I’m not ready for it yet.

Everytime I see your pictures it annoys me I can’t order bumpers.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
I’ve been grabbing Savvy parts when they become available for the past year or two, just in case they discontinue them. I’ll be purchasing a mid arm if they come back in stock just to have it even though I’m not ready for it yet.

I had one on order a few months, but I didn't want to park my money indefinitely. I'll likely be piecing together something that'll work when the time comes, if it's not regularly available yet.

man, i want some of those bumper guards but i'm not paying double what they used to cost.
Everything has gotten insane for pricing. My last 1 lb container of 550 Jet Lube Antisieze, purchased 10/19, was $18. I just went to order another one, only to discover it's now $40. Seems like many things are close to double the price they were 2 - 3 years ago. It's really starting hurt! :(

Aligned as good as my skill set, or more accurately my patience, allows. Holes drilled for main mounting points. Now to mark holes and drill for taillights, hinges, and flares.

1F1C5B2F-B1F0-4E65-9A16-3724A70AC6F6.jpeg

23C0AAF4-4F8F-46DC-B032-F44E772CC9F4.jpeg

EF2D1375-1256-43CA-AEF1-62195D0E7091.jpeg

Many thanks again to @mrblaine for the rotabroach advice. It has made the process so much easier and saved much frustration.

Thanks, Jeff. There’s a lot of little tedious details with the armor, rub rails, Savvy taillights, and MorRyde. It really put my patience to the test.

ya, looks great.

leaving it raw?
eastwoods has a badass polisher, but it's 200$, touchy and takes some getting used to. i ended up starting it with that using the 1 from work, but ultimately ended up with a scotch brite pad on my cheap B&D palm sander. the wedge shape helped too.

any plans to tie it together with the front end fender panels?

ya, looks great.

leaving it raw?
eastwoods has a badass polisher, but it's 200$, touchy and takes some getting used to. i ended up starting it with that using the 1 from work, but ultimately ended up with a scotch brite pad on my cheap B&D palm sander. the wedge shape helped too.

Yes, leaving it raw. I like the look of the raw aluminum and stainless against the black paint. I’ll probably use Scotchbrite pads like Garrett did.

No plans for the front, but may end up doing a flak like Garrett as well. That would be down the road though. Although I like the stock fender and flare look.

Last edited:
ya, looks great.

leaving it raw?

I would like to highline the stock front fenders like you did so I could retain the stock look. There is also some room below the rub rail and filler bezel to raise the rear opening and flare as well. May be picking your brain this Winter if you don’t mind.

Reactions: someguysjeep