Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

started the corner armor install. Stripped the rear of the tub down and started test fitting.

You never really know how warped an LJ tub is until you start trying to line edges up to lines on the tub. Mine is a fair amount out of whack. I definitely waited too long to install it, as each hit on the rear tweaked it more and more. I’ll make it look as good as my skill set and tools allow me right now, but there will be compromises.

034C1C97-D37B-4150-9376-1037FA0EB455.jpeg

D551B2C7-76B8-4B36-BEED-957077A4803B.jpeg

32A01362-567D-4447-BCC3-C74CADD11B33.jpeg

F0B18DDB-6B0E-4A4F-8B9E-6EE7BC8AD0F6.jpeg

I missed it, what was the reasoning for the blank?

The others were out of stock. These were actually the last blanks too. I haven’t seen them back in stock since. I spoke with Gerald and he searched the shop while on the phone with me and couldn’t find any.

I wish they weren’t blanks right now. This aluminum is eating up blades. @mrblaine what jigsaw blades to use on Savvy corner armor?

The others were out of stock. These were actually the last blanks too. I haven’t seen them back in stock since. I spoke with Gerald and he searched the shop while on the phone with me and couldn’t find any.

I wish they weren’t blanks right now. This aluminum is eating up blades. @mrblaine what jigsaw blades to use on Savvy corner armor?

I will look at my jigsaw blade when I get home. It did fantastic at cutting my flak armor. It was a Diablo carbide tooth blade I just can’t remember the teeth count. Also make sure you are lubricating while cutting. I used WD40 which worked well.

When I cut aluminum I’ve always used plain old bar soap as a lubricant. I just carefully touch the bar to the moving blade once in a while. Works well and is not messy at all. I do that on my big band saw as well. The main purpose is to keep the aluminum from sticking to the blade and clogging the gullet.

When I cut aluminum I’ve always used plain old bar soap as a lubricant. I just carefully touch the bar to the moving blade once in a while. Works well and is not messy at all. I do that on my big band saw as well. The main purpose is to keep the aluminum from sticking to the blade and clogging the gullet.

That sounds less messy than WD. Will have to try!

• Haha
Reactions: taylormade73

I’ve seen where people use beeswax in this fashion

Reactions: mvigo, Irun and JMT
Taking a break for the night. Got the driver’s side installed down to the last bolt and noticed the rub rail hole doesn’t line up with the corner armor hole. Should’ve asked everyone first. Now I have to take back apart and install another nutsert for the rub rail. I checked passenger side to verify it wasn’t something I just did wrong.

A6BD82FA-96E0-44C7-8054-4E41A58A351E.jpeg

F261F1F4-0FE2-4150-BC0E-07111057BB62.jpeg

A691EDA7-EA51-42B5-AD0D-28A71C833D77.jpeg