Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

Weird shit going on with my newer body mount bushings. Rear middle are compressing noticeably more than the 2 in front of them. Not impressed with the Crown. 😐 Might just throw my OEM back on.

20200721_213858.jpg

20200721_213906.jpg

20200721_213911.jpg

20200721_213920.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Alex01
All the large ones. I think the smaller ones are 35ish
That's what I was reading but didn't actually check the FSM. In that case you must have got a bad batch. Or, like you said crown isn't the best.

That's what I was reading but didn't actually check the FSM. In that case you must have got a bad batch. Or, like you said crown isn't the best.
I bet it was as a result of those JCR sliders I had on for a year and just took off. I had to mill down my Savvy pucks to account for them. Might have not milled down enough which compressed the rubber more so than the others.

It appears as though they did more damage than warping the side of my tub. 😒

Weird shit going on with my newer body mount bushings. Rear middle are compressing noticeably more than the 2 in front of them. Not impressed with the Crown. 😐 Might just throw my OEM back on.

Did you sort out the Crown body mount bushing problem? I"m going to be removing the 1" Daystar BL I have and replacing it with Savvy. I have no complaint with the Daystar lift (I know others do), but it needs to be replaced so I can more easily install the Savvy Skid system that's been sitting in my garage for months.

That said, I'm asking about the Crown bushings, because I no longer have the stock ones. I'll need to order some new body mounts and it looks like Crown is the only real choice.

Did you sort out the Crown body mount bushing problem? I"m going to be removing the 1" Daystar BL I have and replacing it with Savvy. I have no complaint with the Daystar lift (I know others do), but it needs to be replaced so I can more easily install the Savvy Skid system that's been sitting in my garage for months.

That said, I'm asking about the Crown bushings, because I no longer have the stock ones. I'll need to order some new body mounts and it looks like Crown is the only real choice.
Dorman has them as well.

Reactions: Irun

I have not. Interestingly, it's only the 4 bushings that were under the JCR sliders that are compressed.

500 mile diff service after break in done last night. Put in Torco RGO. Funnel wouldn't fit in the fill hole, so I had to manually pump in 2 quarts front 3 quarts rear of 85 140 diff fluid. Not an easy or quick task lol. Most pumping action my arm has seen since I was a teenager.

20200812_222757.jpg

20200812_204938.jpg

20200812_204942.jpg

20200812_210720.jpg

20200812_210728.jpg

20200812_222800.jpg

20200812_222805.jpg

20200812_222810.jpg

20200812_222816.jpg

Get your DW troubles sorted yet?
Not completely. Able to dial out the death wobble, but have a slight shimmy when I hit "the bump" that always triggered it, but it disappears quickly by itself. Aside from that, it drives smooth as glass at 70 and fine over normal bumps. Still don't have a permanent fix though; this is just a work around for now.

I had a slight pinion seal leak on my front carbon44. I contacted them via email if they could send me a new seal. I let them know I filled the diff with 2 quarts. At this point they told me the spec was only 1.5 quarts. Since changing to 1.5 quarts the pinion seal hasn’t leaked.

Trying to think why your mounts would squish more in the middle there... is it possible that with your old pucks that you cut, you shaved too much off of them and over time the torque box bowed down in the middle? Then replace with new pucks, the bow will cause more weight on the middle mounts resulting in the extra squish? Idk just a theory but it seems unlikely that it’s the mounts themselves if the only ones that are squished are where you previously cut the pucks.

Trying to think why your mounts would squish more in the middle there... is it possible that with your old pucks that you cut, you shaved too much off of them and over time the torque box bowed down in the middle? Then replace with new pucks, the bow will cause more weight on the middle mounts resulting in the extra squish? Idk just a theory but it seems unlikely that it’s the mounts themselves if the only ones that are squished are where you previously cut the pucks.
That's along the lines of what i was thinking. I had them milled at my buddy's machine shop and its possible that too much material was removed. However, I don't see any crinkling or signs of bow in my torque box. Its also possible that not enough material was removed and the torque box settled to where it needs to be to level out and squeezed the bushings more in those 4 areas.

That's along the lines of what i was thinking. I had them milled at my buddy's machine shop and its possible that too much material was removed. However, I don't see any crinkling or signs of bow in my torque box. Its also possible that not enough material was removed and the torque box settled to where it needs to be to level out and squeezed the bushings more in those 4 areas.
I had to do a safety cap on my middle torque box bolt because that was the one spot with a bunch of rust from the PO. It was starting to rot. when I welded it up I had to trim that middle savvy puck a little since the safety caps mounting spot was apparently just a little lower than stock. So I feel your pain on trimming the pucks! Hopefully mine stays even since I just trimmed until I got even squish on all the mounts.

Reactions: taylormade73
I had to do a safety cap on my middle torque box bolt because that was the one spot with a bunch of rust from the PO. It was starting to rot. when I welded it up I had to trim that middle savvy puck a little since the safety caps mounting spot was apparently just a little lower than stock. So I feel your pain on trimming the pucks! Hopefully mine stays even since I just trimmed until I got even squish on all the mounts.
Fortunately I don't have any rust, but it appears that human error is just as damaging LOL.

Fortunately I don't have any rust, but it appears that human error is just as damaging LOL.
Lol yeah water must have gotten trapped in that spot at one time because the rest of the Jeep is fine. Oh well a little cap on the middle mount isn’t a big deal. Glad your Jeep is driveable after the DW chronicles btw!

Lol yeah water must have gotten trapped in that spot at one time because the rest of the Jeep is fine. Oh well a little cap on the middle mount isn’t a big deal. Glad your Jeep is driveable after the DW chronicles btw!
Thanks. Taking it to Florida tomorrow from Ohio LOL