Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

I bet the fuckers couldn't figure out how to install your mount and fabbed their own brackets up. But it looks like they hacked the fucking back cooler fins to make it fit. 😑
You paid a fair bit extra for a machined cooler and mount. Be nice to know what happened to that.

Sucks that the shop you paid to install something a certain way did it differently! Hopefully it’s all fine, but still super frustrating.

Sucks that the shop you paid to install something a certain way did it differently! Hopefully it’s all fine, but still super frustrating.
Yeah. I think it is fine, but by them modifying some of the specific things that Blaine spent so much thought and time on design and fitment to make it a bolt on affair with high functionality not only makes it a waste of time and additional money but also an insult to Blaine's design. That in particular I have a huge problem with.

Yeah. I think it is fine, but by them modifying some of the specific things that Blaine spent so much thought and time on design and fitment to make it a bolt on affair with high functionality not only makes it a waste of time and additional money but also an insult to Blaine's design. That in particular I have a huge problem with.
I'm concerned that the piece that goes behind the cooler isn't connected on both sides. I can't see it well enough though to tell.

I'm concerned that the piece that goes behind the cooler isn't connected on both sides. I can't see it well enough though to tell.
It's not. It's almost like they used the locking tabs from your kit as the mount tabs itself behind the vbar.

Last edited:
It's not. It's almost like the us d the locking tabs as the mount behind the vbar
The studs on the stud plate are not strong enough for that nor is the aluminum backer they are pressed into. They are merely to keep the locking tab from falling out of the mount and to suck the cooler back to the mount to clamp the V bar. They aren't any stronger because they don't need to be.

To date we have had a single instance of someone twisting off a stud.

The studs on the stud plate are not strong enough for that nor is the aluminum backer they are pressed into. They are merely to keep the locking tab from falling out of the mount and to suck the cooler back to the mount to clamp the V bar. They aren't any stronger because they don't need to be.

I'm heading there in a couple hours.

Here is the mount. I'll be reinstalling the cooler properly this weekend.
20210408_150404.jpg

Sucks when the shop doesn't install things properly. Hope you can get it mounted and that they didn't FUBAR anything beyond use.

Reactions: taylormade73
If you were using anything other than a nut driver, you cranked on it and we know you were cranking on it by the fact that it snapped off.
1/4" ratchet ratcheting at the head not the handle. But, I broke it no doubt about it. Sometimes I don't know my own strength.

Neither do them poor little studs. It is possible it was defective, given that I've built a few 1000 of them little plates with no one else having the issue including my generally ham fisted helpers, I'm going to go with not defective.
And I'm not claiming it was defective. I like the design and I'm glad I have it.

Reactions: Wildman