Measure Once, Cut Twice: A Story of Excitement and Impatience

I had zero issues when installing the BL and when replacing body mount bushings. All the bolts ran right up into the body and tightened with ease. Has to be something I've done since then.

Hopefully when you loosen them all it’ll settle where it ought to be so your job is easier. I’m not sure what else you could have done beyond trail damage to the other mount.
Would it take (require) a sudden moment (like an large sudden impact) to cause that? I would think so. Only event I can think of that would be backing into the rock on Widow Maker in Slade, KY while it was hailing on us. That's what caused the rear damage that buckled my rear quarter a little.

Edit: I've not had any other impacts and that one seemed quite minor as I was simply between two rocks, front and rear. Speed was under 2-3mph in reverse for about 2 feet.

Would it take (require) a sudden moment (like an large sudden impact) to cause that? I would think so. Only event I can think of that would be backing into the rock on Widow Maker in Slade, KY while it was hailing on us. That's what caused the rear damage that buckled my rear quarter a little.

Edit: I've not had any other impacts and that one seemed quite minor as I was simply between two rocks, front and rear. Speed was under 2-3mph in reverse for about 2 feet.
I would think a few hard hits down on them but the bolts on that side would cock out too.

I would think a few hard hits down on them but the bolts on that side would cock out too.
Yeah thats what's baffling. It's not all the bolts leaning in the same direction. Oh well, well see how it plays out when I start on the GR mounts.

i'd suspect that donk on that corner, gave it a shove.
the odd part is you say it's just the center mounts, none in the rear shifted?
11 bolts holding a 500# tub, and that bump caved a corner, it was a good donk.

Finally got around to installing the thick grip range nutserts for the lower slider fasteners. Thanks again for them @mrblaine View attachment 264922
Installing the Savvy rockers that have been in my basement for months now is next on the list. I too ordered the thicker nutserts, so this is helpful. I wish I could install the Genright body mounts at the same time, but that means having to rework the Savvy crossmember. Time is not my friend now, so the body mount replacement will have to wait. :(

Before
20210728_183312.jpg
20210728_183316.jpg
20210728_183328.jpg

After
20210728_195709.jpg
20210728_195712.jpg
20210728_195715.jpg

Why are the lock nuts loosened up?
As Matt said. I loosen the jam nuts on the side I'm working on, which enables me to adjust them so the bolt comes right out. With the other side still installed and tightened it doesn't affect my pinion angle when so doing. Makes the whole job easier.

Reactions: rasband and Mike_H
As Matt said. I loosen the jam nuts on the side I'm working on, which enables me to adjust them so the bolt comes right out. With the other side still installed and tightened it doesn't affect my pinion angle when so doing. Makes the whole job easier.
Yep, especially when the angle of the bolt isn't quite right. Adjust the arm until one side lines up, shove the bolt through, watch the other side and then adjust it to line the bolt up. Go a tad bit further, twist it back a smidge, bolt pops right through.

I just received shipping confirmation on my Savvy corner blanks, rub rails, taillights and hard-core bumper upgrade (putting it on the rear bumper). I also received an email stating my order was finished. Unless I missed the email somwhere, I didn't receive confirmation on my receiver bumper. So I replied to their email letting them know.

Reactions: L J and rasband
I just received shipping confirmation on my Savvy corner blanks, rub rails, taillights and hard-core bumper upgrade (putting it on the rear bumper). I also received an email stating my order was finished. Unless I missed the email somwhere, I didn't receive confirmation on my receiver bumper. So I replied to their email letting them know.
They marked one of mine as finished but I’m still waiting on shocks, they confirmed that I’m second in line though. It’s probably just the system automation when they print the shipping label or put that info in.

I guess I’ll know if I never get my shocks to outboard!

Reactions: taylormade73
I was bored today...

Old temp paint job to shut my wife up before our Florida trip last year. She refused to drive around with yellow doors. 🙄
20210801_182259.jpg
20210801_182238.jpg

A little prep sanding.
20210801_114440.jpg
20210801_114422.jpg

Took all hardware, trim and seals off. Not a painter at all, but wanted to make them look a little better.

First coat.
20210801_182045.jpg
20210801_182111.jpg
20210801_182138.jpg

We'll see how it turns out when finished. If it looks like shit, I'll take to a professional painter.