Measurement Request: 15" Vanco BBK Caliper to Lower Control Arm Mount

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Those with a 15" Vanco BBK, preferably the current generation new manufactured knuckles, I would like to see this measurement.
20200528_201141.jpg

Full steering lock (no washers on the stops and rear of tire fully turned into the frame) with the distance between the caliper and the lower control arm mount. Stock is approximately 3".

This may take two people. One to hold the steering wheel at full lock. Or the turned tire needs to be held at lock by parking against something.

If you can find another universal location to measure from I will check on the Khaki TJ.

If you can find another universal location to measure from I will check on the Khaki TJ.

The inboard side of the lower control arm mount is about 6". :)

How does the 17" compare in caliper size to the 15"?

The inboard side of the lower control arm mount is about 6". :)

How does the 17" compare in caliper size to the 15"?

The steering arm to track bar mount would be the same.

Or else I'm sure somebody else with the 15" will chime in.

The steering arm to track bar mount would be the same.

Anything is useful. I'll take that pic tomorrow to compare with yours.

What I'm looking at specifically is where a Poly Performance lower shock mount needs to live with the larger caliper.

I’m in the process of installing the 16” kit. I can move the caliper to the 15” hole and measure it tomorrow if you still need it then. What is the issue you are trying to solve with this measurement

Reactions: jjvw
.... What is the issue you are trying to solve with this measurement

How much space do I have to work with in trying up fit the lower mount on a 12" Fox 2.0 RR using Poly mounts? I don't have the BBK kit yet and I want to see if I can figure out the shocks before the brakes. My degree of impatience will be determined by this measurement.

Reactions: Wildman
Okay was just trying to throw other options out there. Best of luck. Wish I could find some Fox shocks used for a good price.

Okay was just trying to throw other options out there. Best of luck. Wish I could find some Fox shocks used for a good price.
I hope to have all four of my fox’s for sale later this year. When I get my ORI’s put in

Well would selling your Fox's help fund the ORI's? If they are what I'm looking for we could discuss a deposit for them. I'm not going to need shocks for another month or two. I'm hoping to have my Jeep back on the trail by Aug.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Well would selling your Fox's help fund the ORI's? If they are what I'm looking for we could discuss a deposit for them. I'm not going to need shocks for another month or two. I'm hoping to have my Jeep back on the trail by Aug.
Sorry it won’t be in the next two months. It has more to do with my body healing up enough to tackle the job then cash. I’m having yet another Spinal surgery coming up. this will make number seven in the last few years. My last one was December.

Sorry for the extra posts Jjvw. But if you had not thought about it. I’m running 15” wheels as I believe you are as well and was still able to get the 16” big brake kit to fit in my wheels. It’s not as tight of a fit as I thought it might be either.