Measurement Request: 15" Vanco BBK Caliper to Lower Control Arm Mount

Ive never grasped why they dont always spell out the true rotor sizes in the website description.

What would you do with that info since it has very little relevance to anything fitting anything? Do you know how to figure out the distance or dimensions of the caliper body and all of its sticky outy bits that will interfere with the inside of the rim if I give you the actual rotor size? Do you know that the caliper for the 16" kit with a 12.01" diameter rotor is not even in the same ballpark as the Super 16" kit with the 12.375" rotor. The smaller one is a dual 48mm piston caliper of moderate size. The Super 16 caliper is a beast with dual 54mm calipers off the front of a Ram 1500.

The product names, as I read them, make me think they are actually 15, 16, or 17 inch brake kits, utilizing 15, 16, and 17 inch rotors.

They are solely describing the minimum wheel diameter, in inches, to run, correct?
Yes, because all of us can look at the numbers on a tire sidewall and figure out the rim size.

Reactions: Wildman
I also run the 16” kit in a 15” wheel. 3.69 BS
Be aware that rims are not shaped the same way where the caliper sits. Some are straight, some are tapered, some have other shapes that get in the way of the caliper.

Methods are bad. The 3.75"ish back spaced versions of at least one of their 15" rims is tight enough that you can't run sticky weights where the caliper sits.

Reactions: jjvw
caliper body and all of its sticky outy bits that will interfere

Is this a new technical terminology that I can use at the auto parts store? Sorry Blaine I just really enjoy how you discribe stuff for us some times. And I really get a good chuckle from these terms you use. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for making me laugh a little.

Is this a new technical terminology that I can use at the auto parts store? Sorry Blaine I just really enjoy how you discribe stuff for us some times. And I really get a good chuckle from these terms you use. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for making me laugh a little.
DSC_5389.JPG
DSC_5390.JPG
DSC_5392.JPG
DSC_5393.JPG

Reactions: jjvw
Be aware that rims are not shaped the same way where the caliper sits. Some are straight, some are tapered, some have other shapes that get in the way of the caliper.

Methods are bad. The 3.75"ish back spaced versions of at least one of their 15" rims is tight enough that you can't run sticky weights where the caliper sits.
Good point, I did relocate sticky weights in order to fit mine, I have Dick Cepek wheels.