California Mechanic near Los Angeles needed to install AX-5 plus transfer case

dunc289

Hi fellow devotees.

I was going to lean on the excuse of a bad dirtbike accident as the reason I cannot self install my transmission, which is true, but the bigger truth is I don't have the time to develop the skills to split the T-case to install the SYE and put everything back together again enough to measure up for new drive shafts.

AND I'm in a hurry now that the wife is looking at me funny.

So.
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a reasonably priced human being that could take this unfinished project to the point I can finish enough to measure up for new drive shafts.? i.e. Install the SYE and put it all back together again.

I'm located in West LA, which isn't really TJ central for LA, but this forum is full of decent types so I'll ask here first.

98 TJ 2.5
Ghetto lift using JK springs. (I managed THAT on my own!) which is probably what killed the AX-5

Hi fellow devotees.

I was going to lean on the excuse of a bad dirtbike accident as the reason I cannot self install my transmission, which is true, but the bigger truth is I don't have the time to develop the skills to split the T-case to install the SYE and put everything back together again enough to measure up for new drive shafts.

AND I'm in a hurry now that the wife is looking at me funny.

So.
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a reasonably priced human being that could take this unfinished project to the point I can finish enough to measure up for new drive shafts.? i.e. Install the SYE and put it all back together again.

I'm located in West LA, which isn't really TJ central for LA, but this forum is full of decent types so I'll ask here first.

98 TJ 2.5
Ghetto lift using JK springs. (I managed THAT on my own!) which is probably what killed the AX-5

try this guy:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/doron-auto-and-truck-repair-van-nuys

Followup.

I thought Doron Auto and Truck repair were great, frankly.
I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

They were tolerant of my shambolic Jeep state, and made no attempt to charge or work beyond what was strictly necessary.

Good value and well recommended.
Thank you for sending me their way.

Reactions: Modoc Guy and L J