New York Mechanic needed near Westchester County New York

Frankyfrank

Hi all. I'm looking for a Jeep mechanic recommendation. I'm in Westchester County so I'd go for anyone in the area including Rockland, Putnam and Connecticut. The post below explains why I'm looking for someone good. This TJ has me pulling my hair out.

I'm new to this Jeep thing but have basically learned to love a Jeep TJ my son bought. So much so that I've basically adopted it as my own. During our first year of ownership it was good, dependable and never gave us an issue. That is until now.... I recently had the check engine light go off and the Jeep began shuddering and firing poorly. This would continue until I shut her down, waited a few seconds and re-started her. When I read the codes it showed a P0300, 0301 -0306 code. Because of the fact that all cylinders were misfiring I did the basics ... checked plugs and replaced the coilpack.

Everything was fine until it wasn't and it began to misfire and send me new, exciting codes. So now it's showing.... P0300, P0302, P0303, P3003, P0503 and P0600. The P0600 suggests its the PCM and on one site mentions specifically that PCM errors are often misdiagnosed as ignition problems.

Anyone have experience with PCM causing misfires? Anyone have any tips on how I can check PCM before going down that expensive road?