Mechanic style gloves

BlueChip

TJ Enthusiast
What gloves are people using while working on your Jeep?

Looking for something with some dexterity but also protect from knuckle busting.

I’ve tried a few from HF and TSC but at $20 a pop, I’m done experimenting haha. Figured I’d ask here to get some thought and experiences.

Chris

I've been using these for years:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001VNZQY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I don't have any complaints. I mean they aren't cheap, but three pairs has lasted me a long time.
I’ve paid more and hated them. So 15$ is a win with good feedback.

You throw the 7mm nitrile under them? Or they are protective enough I don’t have to go to the office with “mechanic hands”. Dress clothes and oil under the nails dont mix. Haha

Just ordered through the link, hopefully it gets the WTJF kickback. Not sure if it works through the app.

thanks!!

Last edited:
I’ve paid more and hated them. So 15$ is a win with good feedback.

You throw the 7mm nitrile under them? Or they are protective enough I don’t have to go to the office with “mechanic hands”. Dress clothes and oil under the names dont mix. Haha

Nope, I don't put anything under them. They are more than protective enough to go to the office without "mechanic hands".

I reserve the 7mm nitrile gloves for when I am doing really precise or fine things that the bulkier gloves would get in the way of.

But yeah, I've never had any grease leak through these things. I mean I've never full on submerged them in oil, but I've got plenty of axle grease and such on them.

Reactions: BlueChip
Nope, I don't put anything under them. They are more than protective enough to go to the office without "mechanic hands".

I reserve the 7mm nitrile gloves for when I am doing really precise or fine things that the bulkier gloves would get in the way of.

But yeah, I've never had any grease leak through these things. I mean I've never full on submerged them in oil, but I've got plenty of axle grease and such on them.
Ok perfect. People are starting to stare :)
I just tell them I own a Jeep, and most understand.

I'll have to try those on amazon. After spending ~$20 on some pairs over the years and still ending up with "mechanic hands" I've been going with the $5 ones from HF.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-large-62433.html
They still don't solve the mechanic hands problem if I get oil or grease on them, but they're cheap enough that once that happens I can just toss them and get another pair. I use disposable nitrile for stuff like oil changes or rebuilding a winch where I know lots of oil and grease will be involved, but things happen. I did manage to have one pair last long enough without leak-through to actually wear a hole in them. They'll last a while for occasional/general use, or about 1 real project on the level of a double axle swap.

Reactions: BlueChip
Thanks guys! Appreciate it. I tried some of the hardy, just not that model. The ones I tried were Slick, kept dropping tools.