Ride of the Month Winner
@Alex01
@bobthetj03
@Thunderhead
@DylanM345
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Pcleaners2
@Midnight LJR

Looking to explore the southern edge of MNF in Jims backyard.

If you just want to meet up 2/6 to wheel that’s okay as well. No obligations to camp

Itinerary:
2/5: Get to MNF probably after dark and find a spot to dispersed camp
2/6: Meet up with Jim and others to wheel (I have a Garmin Inreach I can send my GPS coords), find a nice campsite to chill/have dinners/beers
2/7: A little more exploring, maybe hiking, before heading home.

I have camping gear people could borrow if they wanted to camp.

There's several areas along the High Glade lookout area. Elevation of the tower is at 4800 feet. The tower burnt down, but there are areas along the ridgeline that have good potential. Deer Valley campground is another, as well as Twin Valley's area, which takes you south to Bartlett Springs. Bear Creek Campground is another northeast of Deer Valley. I could be persuaded to make a day trip with you and show you around.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobthetj03 and D M
@Alex01
@bobthetj03
@Thunderhead
@DylanM345
@Gone-N-Done-It

Looking to explore the southern edge of MNF in Jims backyard.

Itinerary:
2/5: Get to MNF probably after dark and find a spot to dispersed camp
2/6: Meet up with Jim and others to wheel (I have a Garmin Inreach I can send my GPS coords), find a nice campsite to chill/have dinners/beers
2/7: A little more exploring, maybe hiking, before heading home.

I have camping gear people could borrow if they wanted to camp.
Sounds good to me

Deer Valley Campground would be a good first night. Lots of dispersed camping surrounding that area. I can take you down French Ridge next day and head south thru Twin Valleys.

Reactions: D M and tomtaylz
Deer Valley Campground would be a good first night. Lots of dispersed camping surrounding that area. I can take you down French Ridge next day and head south thru Twin Valleys.
Awesome, how hard are the trails down there? This place is new to me

Mainly forest roads, can be pinstripey at times off some of the off shoots, but nothing a stock rig couldn’t do. Normally pretty quiet up there too
This is gonna be fun!(hoping the weather permits)

Im looking at some vids on youtube of DV trail, looks cool up there. I love the scenic trails

I'll see if I can dig up some pics from past adventures.

Not sure if they're from MNF, but this is all I have

CIMG5292.JPG

IMG952018120195141027.jpg

Just for info Jim, if you take them down French Ridge you might want to take a chain saw. I've been down French Ridge twice in the last two months. There is an area that is thick with a lot of smaller burnt pine trees that are hanging over the road and keep falling in the road. I had to cut trees out both times, once with the SxS and once with the TJ. And with all this wind we are having, guaranteed to be more trees down in the burnt areas.