Metal tag under front frame cover?

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I feel like i've seen this before but cannot find the thread. There is a little metal ID tag or something under the front frame cover riveted on, does anyone have a picture of theirs (or of one)? I was just curious as to what information was on there...mine has apparently rusted and broken off somewhere.

15677806839948020744679709107762.jpg

This is from my 97 sport.

Reactions: EJD
The only thing that I can figure out is the VP546332 is part of the vin number. Every thing else is a mystery

Hmm interesting, maybe someone else will have some more info on what it all might mean or if its just gibberish.

It looks like it's the same tag as the one screwed into the floor by the driver's seat. It has information for the options that came in your TJ, like what transmission and paint code, etc. I'd seen a post about deciphering it before but I can't seem to find it.

Reactions: Daryl
It looks like it's the same tag as the one screwed into the floor by the driver's seat. It has information for the options that came in your TJ, like what transmission and paint code, etc. I'd seen a post about deciphering it before but I can't seem to find it.
There's another one on the floor? Where exactly by the driver seat?

Yep, it's under the carpet, on the floor between the driver's seat and the door.
I don't have one there, just looked. Wonder if that were they put them in Canada, and under the frame cover in the USA. Unless you have them in both places...do you have 2 of these on your Jeep?

I don't have one there, just looked. Wonder if that were they put them in Canada, and under the frame cover in the USA. Unless you have them in both places...do you have 2 of these on your Jeep?

Strange, should be right by where the front of the seats bolt in, up on the hump in the floor. I also have the tag screwed into the bottom of the grille.

Strange, should be right by where the front of the seats bolt in, up on the hump in the floor. I also have the tag screwed into the bottom of the grille.
You don't happen to have a picture do you?
I see a spot where it looks like one could have been but was never installed. Weird.