Method Boost Bronze

Sasquatchewan

TJ Enthusiast
image.png
image.jpeg
image.png
Have y'all seen this wheel ? I think the color is cool, & not very common on their site they offer it in 17" 8.5 in 5 on 4.5mm backspacing was 4.75"
I think it would match my color well being Light Khaki here is a JK with them I've never been able to find a TJ with them let me know your thoughts either you like them or not

I like them but 4.75" is too much backspacing if you plan to ever run a larger tire like a 33x12.50 or 35x12.50.

4.75" of backspacing would work with an 11.5" wide tire but no wider. Factory wheels have 5.25" to 5.5" of spacers. Let's say your factory wheels have 5.25" of BS, your 1.25" spacers would reduce that 5.25" backspacing to 4" of backspacing. Spacers reduce backspacing, they don't increase it. :)

Yeah I understand the spacer would bring it back to 5.00" , that's on my 10A wheels if they had 6.25" I googled what backspacing they should have so that seemed exstream . I don't know I like how mine rides & looks as is so I may stick with what I have.

Yeah I understand the spacer would bring it back to 5.00" , that's on my 10A wheels if they had 6.25" I googled what backspacing they should have so that seemed exstream . I don't know I like how mine rides & looks as is so I may stick with what I have.
I would bet substantial $$$ your wheels do not have anywhere near 6.25" of backspacing. Factory wheels have 5.25" to 5.5" of backspacing, aftermarket wheels usually always have less like 3.75 to 4.5".

Whoops sorry I just figured out you have a JK, not a TJ... since this is a TJ forum I thought that picture up on top showing a JK was of someone else's Jeep... now I see it's your Jeep. I have no idea what the backspacing is or should be on JK wheels. Carry on, pay no attention to me. :)

Wow! Those have to be some of the best looking wheels I've seen for a Wrangler!

4.75" of backspacing would work with an 11.5" wide tire but no wider. Factory wheels have 5.25" to 5.5" of spacers. Let's say your factory wheels have 5.25" of BS, your 1.25" spacers would reduce that 5.25" backspacing to 4" of backspacing. Spacers reduce backspacing, they don't increase it. :)
No Jerry that's a LJ I just have JK blinkers & JK Wheels , my wife has a JKUR

I got totally confused when you said you have 6.25" of backspacing and later thought well maybe you're right if it's a JK since I have no clue how much backspacing a JK's wheels have or need. That green 4-door Jeep in the photo you posted is a JK. So that's NOT your Jeep in the photo. At least that's cleared up and I'll just confirm that your TJ wheels don't/can't have 6.25" of backspacing.

The yellow tape measure in this photo is measuring the wheel's backspacing.... the distance from the wheel's mounting flange to the inner-most edge of the wheel.

wheel backspacing.jpg

I got totally confused when you said you have 6.25" of backspacing and later thought well maybe you're right if it's a JK since I have no clue how much backspacing a JK's wheels have or need. That green 4-door Jeep in the photo you posted is a JK. So that's NOT your Jeep in the photo. At least that's cleared up and I'll just confirm that your TJ wheels don't/can't have 6.25" of backspacing.

The yellow tape measure in this photo is measuring the wheel's backspacing.... the distance from the wheel's mounting flange to the inner-most edge of the wheel.

View attachment 3165
Yeah I know how to measure, is that wheel a 2013 Rubicon wheel ? Your last post?