Mickey Thompson Baja Claw

MarvinL

Supporting Member
I have always loved how the Baja Claws looked ,especially on a Jeep. :) I was wondering if any of y'all had any experience with them. I will be mostly on road as it is my DD they will be a 31-10.5-15. If any of you have any experience with them I would like to know your thoughts on road noise ,stability and off road performance. I'm not looking for a perfect tire l just don't want to get them if they drive terrible.

Okay, I've never owned them whatsoever, so my opinion is barely even an opinion at all, I'm just going off what I've heard from others.

I hear these things are terribly loud... like outrageously loud on the highway. Not sure if that's true, it's just what I heard.

Hopefully someone with some actual experience will chime in! I drive mine around town and the highway with my BFG KM2 M/T tires and they aren't loud at all. So it's definitely possible for a M/T tire to not be loud.

Ya I also like the Firestone destination mt2 my Dad and others I know have them and they perform great on and off road will probably go with those if others say the Baja Claws are too noisy. Thanks for your help.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I don't think road noise will be an issue. But expect a real short tread life. I've done aggressive MTs and they just do not last on the street as a DD. ATs will go at least 30% farther.

But you are correct, they look wicked on a TJ.

Last edited:
Ya I also like the Firestone destination mt2 my Dad and others I know have them and they perform great on and off road will probably go with those if others say the Baja Claws are too noisy. Thanks for your help.:)
I have Firestone destination A/T's and love them for there performance in the wet and they have lasted a l-o-n-g time. Cant speak for M/T's but if the A/t's are anything to go on I'd recommend them.

I have Firestone destination A/T's and love them for there performance in the wet and they have lasted a l-o-n-g time. Cant speak for M/T's but if the A/t's are anything to go on I'd recommend them.

One of my friends has a 05 ram 2500 Cummins manual that had 35-12.5-17 destination mt2's and he got about 50k out of them.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
I don'y think road noise will be an issue. But expect a real short tread life. I've done aggressive MTs and they just do not last on the street as a DD. ATs will go at least 30% farther.
I'm not so worried about tread live as work is only 1.5mi away more worried about road manners.

miles, or kilometers ?
Km and its an A/T not a mud tyre...its about 37k in miles sorry
bruiser (2).jpg

I run their MTZ P3s and they perform great off-road. On road they are a bit noisy but it's to be expected with a mud terrain tire. The newer P3 variant has a relatively advanced tread compound that helps for on street use. I drive it a few hours away to the trails at 70 mph with no issues.

IMG_20180909_183640.jpg

I love them too and have always wanted a set. I’m really considering get 31x10.50s for my Sahara so I hope more people comment or even post a pic with a set.

Reactions: MarvinL
I know this isn't what your after but these are my Chinese Linglong tires, they last long time. Some road noise which I like btw and as Perk said "it's to be expected with a mud terrain tire" I think I paid $400, this could be a lower cost alternative if you're going to burn them up on the road. Don't forget, Linglong last long time!

bearclaw.jpeg

Reactions: MarvinL
I know this isn't what your after but these are my Chinese Linglong tires, they last long time. Some road noise which I like btw and as Perk said "it's to be expected with a mud terrain tire" I think I paid $400, this could be a lower cost alternative if you're going to burn them up on the road. Don't forget, Linglong last long time!
That's awesome I'll have to keep them in mind

Reactions: Billwynburger