Arkansas Mid-South (TN, AR, AL, LA, MS, MO, KY, TX, OK) Get Together Oct 22-24 at HSORV

Added to Calendar: 10-22-21, 10-23-21, 10-24-21

Three months away, so I am posting to bump to the top so other people may see it.

@Chris is there a way to make this a sticky at the top of the regional forum (like the TJ Fest Moab), or can I start a brand new post somewhere and have it stay visible?

Looking forward to the trip. I don’t know what the weather is like there in October but I hope it’s cool.I’m ready for some relief from the current sauna I’m living in!

Reactions: Brianj5600
The bridge on i40 may continue to be down as it’s currently broke. Driving all the way around is unworkable for me.

We drove from Little Rock to Memphis & back without an issue last weekend. Taking the I 55 bridge may have added 20 min. Also, they're projecting the bridge repair to be done in August.

See y'all in Hot Springs.

Lodging Options:
The park itself has campground and cabins for rent. They actually have a reservation site on their website now.
HSORV

Panther Valley is really close and caters to off-roaders going to the park. I have never stayed there, but I have drank a few beers there with others and they seemed nice.
Panther VAlley

KOA is nearby and is supposedly really nice, but I know people who have stayed there and liked it. I have never stayed there so this recommendation is third hand.
KOA

Hotels that I recommend:
In town:
Embassy Suites in Hot Springs
Hotel Hot Springs
The Waters (high end, valet parking only, etc... but it is top notch and right down town)

I do NOT recommend The Springs which is downtown, it has a great lobby, but the rooms are awful.

South of Town:
There is a bunch of hotels on Central Avenue south of the 270 bypass, this area is commercial and there is plenty of restaurants, stores, gas stations, and provides easy access to the park via the bypass. Any major chain hotel in this area is going to be fine. I have stayed at the La Quinta, Quality, Hampton Inn, etc... in this area and they were all good, had plenty of parking for trailer, easy access to restaurants, etc...

Hotels that I have no experience:
Arlington - main stay in Hot Springs, the Lobby and Lobby bar is great but I have heard the rooms are old and small.
Red Roof Inn and Red Carpet Inn are close, I have never stayed there and my wife would most likely never stay there just from the external looks, but they are close to the park.

There is plenty of short term rentals (AirBnB and VRBO) available in the area. I know one that will book direct to Jeepers, and has plenty of room for parking a trailer(s). Booking direct with him makes it cheaper by saving all the booking fees, but it is booked this weekend (by me :) ). However, if anyone is heading there any other time and is interested in a short term rental, send me a direct message and I can shoot you the contact info.

If you do a short term rental in town, parking may be an issue for a trailer. So if you are unsure on parking for trailer, you can always drop your truck and trailer at HSORV and then drive your jeep back and forth between the short term rental and the park.

There is plenty of other options, send me a note if you have any questions, I get over there 5 or 6 times a year so I may or may not be able to answer your questions.

I am out, we me getting my job eliminated in a corporate restructure and starting a new job last week, I won't have any vacation time built up :cry::cry:

Good Luck with the new job!! At least you are in a area with trails, hit AOP, the Cove, or Iron Gap that weekend as a day trip.

Reactions: John Cooper
this is looking more likely for me. Might leave the kids with the grandparents and just me and the wife come. I just need to get some stuff done on the rig to have it prepared.

This sounds possible for me, if the TJ isn’t ready. Would you shun me for bringing the wife’s JK?
Run what you brung, it is a meeting of like minded individuals not vehicles that look alike.

I am hoping to have enough people show to have a mix of trail leaders for different levels of trails. We will figure it out as time gets closer.

Reactions: Tob and Apparition
I’m going with a group Memorial Day weekend. Not 100% I can make the Oct run yet. Will try to get some pics and give a trip report. Will be my 3rd or 4th time to the park. First time since new owners.

I was just at hot springs this past Sunday. Conditions were perfect!! We had 1 TJ, 2 Samurai's, 2 JKU's.
victor.jpg

drew at baily 1.jpg

drew at baily 2.jpg

kyle on slammer.jpg
kyle.jpg

kerry.jpg

I will be there. It will be my first time there, but I should be good on 1-4 trails. Deffinately want to get the BOH trails while I'm there.

Reactions: gasiorv
Getting closer! In a few weeks, I will post up asking for headcount. So now is the time to be getting the jeep mods wrapped up and ensuring you have reservations.

Reactions: Tob