Tennessee Middle Tennessee ride plan?

I’d like to see if anyone would like to get together somewhere in middle Tennessee for a group ride in the near future? I can pretty much go anywhere within a few hours so location isn’t extremely important to me. I just know it’s hard for most people to just get out on the weekends without some prior planning.
Some places to consider:
Wooly’s $15 each
Wheelin in the Country $20 each (they have an event scheduled for 21 March)
Turkey Bay at LBL $20 or $100 for the season after 1 April (currently close due to water saturation)
??
I wouldn’t mind going down to Alabama or Georgia either.
I can go. Next weekend or pretty much any weekend. We can do a day trip or plan to camp out.
If anyone is interested or knows of an event coming up, post and lets make something happen!

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Can we shoot for a date in June? I’d like to go somewhere but I’ve never taken my Jeep Offroad. I’m not even sure where to begin.

Can we shoot for a date in June? I’d like to go somewhere but I’ve never taken my Jeep Offroad. I’m not even sure where to begin.
I've heard ( from @AndyG ) that coppinger cove rd, in sequachie tn, is perfect for stockish jeeps. I've been wanting to check it out for a while.
And the service roads at land between the lakes are pretty fun, and mostly mild off roading.

Reactions: AndyG
I've heard ( from @AndyG ) that coppinger cove rd, in sequachie tn, is perfect for stockish jeeps. I've been wanting to check it out for a while.
And the service roads at land between the lakes are pretty fun, and mostly mild off roading.

Does that place have a name? I’m intending to go to adventure off road park because it’s close to a state park. Seems to have a variety of trails.

Does that place have a name? I’m intending to go to adventure off road park because it’s close to a state park. Seems to have a variety of trails.
The coppinger cove road. Is just that.
Land between the lakes is pretty awesome, turkey bay OHV is there. But honestly, unless it's a group meetup, I won't ever pay to go to turkey bay again. There's so many service roads at L.B.L. and some of them have some decent obstacles. You could probably spend a couple days at least, driving the service roads there, and it's free.
Nothing too too serious, my kind of wheeling. Just mild, and unlikely to break from trail stress.

The coppinger cove road. Is just that.
Land between the lakes is pretty awesome, turkey bay OHV is there. But honestly, unless it's a group meetup, I won't ever pay to go to turkey bay again. There's so many service roads at L.B.L. and some of them have some decent obstacles. You could probably spend a couple days at least, driving the service roads there, and it's free.
Nothing too too serious, my kind of wheeling. Just mild, and unlikely to break from trail stress.

sounds like fishing spots. You just gotta know where they are.
I’ll look into that. I guess I’m trying to play it safe.

sounds like fishing spots. You just gotta know where they are.
I’ll look into that. I guess I’m trying to play it safe.
Yeah I feel the same.
My tj should be drivable by the end of this week. All beit, 2wd. Still have to set up the gears for the front. That will wait until I get a diff carrier for my gears.
Regardless if I still haven't set them up by late June, I'm still down to go. All I need is 2wd and my winch to have fun :)

We need to do this. I have been to Whooly's 3x, Wheelin in the Country 2x and AOP 2x. I know my around a little on the first two, but lost at AOP. It would be good if someone that knows AOP could guide the group. Golden Mountain looks fun too. I am scheduled to work a lot of Saturday's but have "sick days." Sunday would be better for me. I am interested for other places too.

Last edited:
Late comer to this thread, I just noticed it in the bottom when I was reading another thread. Did you all ever get anything put together?

Unfortunately, Golden Mountain Closed in 2018, the place was bought and there was a lot of activity but then the two new owners came to heads and one split (the one who was OHV oriented). I don't think the new owner is going to open up the OHV and is strictly focused on opening up a dirt track. Bummer!!

I have heard of a new place having recently opened in Waverly TN but I don't have facebook and apparently all the info is on FB. I think it is called Wild Donkey or something like that. Not sure if it is full size and Jeep or just SxS.

Wild donkey is on the rough side, but it is new. I think it will go more the way of side by sides in the end.

Turkey bay (LBL) is a good time, with a mixture of hard(ish)/easy trails. I have only been once, we did enjoy it even though I was lost most of the time. lol There is a lot to see in and around the park so you can pass a lot of time in the area.

Natchez Trace is just OK in my opinion, it has several easy trails with most being converted to gravel roads. There are some fun muddy areas and trails left, you just have to look for them.

Our group is planning on hitting up Windrock, Loretta Lynns and bikini bottoms this year. Cant wait to try some new areas.

Unfortunately for me my work schedule includes 2 out of 3 Saturday's and one Sunday a month until October. The good news is I am off October and November.

Wild donkey is on the rough side, but it is new. I think it will go more the way of side by sides in the end.

Turkey bay (LBL) is a good time, with a mixture of hard(ish)/easy trails. I have only been once, we did enjoy it even though I was lost most of the time. lol There is a lot to see in and around the park so you can pass a lot of time in the area.

Natchez Trace is just OK in my opinion, it has several easy trails with most being converted to gravel roads. There are some fun muddy areas and trails left, you just have to look for them.

Our group is planning on hitting up Windrock, Loretta Lynns and bikini bottoms this year. Cant wait to try some new areas.

where is bikini bottoms