Southern Jeepers

Grey_Machine7.3

Acts like a mechanic
Supporting Member
Southern Ky, TN, Alabama, Georgia.

If anyone in these areas goes wheeling often (once a month ish) let me know. I'm looking for new friends to off-road/camp with. Now, my wife and I are young & obnoxious. Our two kids are pretty embarrassed to go out with us anywhere (they are 2 & 4). It'd be cool to have some other family oriented folks to camp/off road with.
We still have yet to take our kids off road, but I think they will love it. They always say "whee" when I take corners kind of fast, or hit big bumps I'm the road. Sometimes on the bumps we get a "whoa"
So it'll be interesting to find out their reaction to wheeling.

Last edited:
If anyone in these areas goes wheeling often (once a month ish) let me know. I'm looking for new friends to off-road/camp with. Now, my wife and I are young & obnoxious. Our two kids are pretty embarrassed to go out with us anywhere (they are 2 & 4). It'd be cool to hav
Check out the rocket city wranglers , Huntsville ,Al on Facebook. Lots of Jeep folks.

I go to LBL a few times, alone usually. We have a 3-year-old but doesn't really understand the off-roading thing yet. This time of the year is super busy, if I get a chance it would be cool to wheel with someone else.

I go to LBL a few times, alone usually. We have a 3-year-old but doesn't really understand the off-roading thing yet. This time of the year is super busy, if I get a chance it would be cool to wheel with someone else.
I'm planning a trip in mid September. Still unsure of the dates at the current moment. Waiting on my buddy to know which weekend he will have his son. My jeep should be ready by then. Replacing a bunch of stuff on it right now.

We have a few places 2-3 hours away from you in north Alabama, Stony Lonesome and some place in the Florence /Tuscumbia area.

Now that you are getting that TJ smoothed out , distance runs will be easier .

That little fellar is gonna be your best co pilot ever ....give it time .

We need to get some Alabama /Tennessee boys to hook up sometime .

We have a few places 2-3 hours away from you in north Alabama, Stony Lonesome and some place in the Florence /Tuscumbia area.

Now that you are getting that TJ smoothed out , distance runs will be easier .

That little fellar is gonna be your best co pilot ever ....give it time .

We need to get some Alabama /Tennessee boys to hook up sometime .
I'm down to make a drive as long as it's less than 4hours.
I've still got to get hearing protection for the little ones, soft top problems + highway winds.
Soft top problems ):<

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyG
I'd be in, our deer season is getting ready to be open so most of my time will be trying to fit in deer and family time. My wife is a college dance coach so football season gets busy as well, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
I'd be in, our deer season is getting ready to be open so most of my time will be trying to fit in deer and family time. My wife is a college dance coach so football season gets busy as well, but I'm sure we can work something out.
I'd like to meet you man . Keep is posted on that TJ you ve been reviving.

I'm just down the road in Hendersonville, if you are in Greenbriar

But I'm not opposed to going out camping once it gets colder too. I've been looking at canvas tents & getting a little wood burning stove. Not really sure why, other than I think it'd be cool, lol. I've heard there's some sort of jeep conference thing happening in Nashville next year. Not to sure the validity of that.

Hendersonville
Ol fancy pants hendersonville! We go down there quite a bit, especially First Watch for breakfast and Indian lake for Brixx's and a movie. We are in Coopertown/Pleasant View area on the I-24 side but I have a Greenbrier address. My wife is still one of the Greenbrier Showstopper dance coaches as well and used to dance for the H'ville Golden Girls coach.
jeep conference
Someone was just telling me there was a meet up in White House on the Millersville side a few weeks ago, I'm not in the know about the Jeep happenings around, mainly keep to myself.
My wife is not an tent person, she needs to have walls to protect her from Sasquatches and other mythical creatures. I've been eyeing some of those off-road style small campers to tow, but wheres the fun in that.

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for a yellow jeep when we go cruising down to Hendersonville now.

Ol fancy pants hendersonville! We go down there quite a bit, especially First Watch for breakfast and Indian lake for Brixx's and a movie. We are in Coopertown/Pleasant View area on the I-24 side but I have a Greenbrier address. My wife is still one of the Greenbrier Showstopper dance coaches as well and used to dance for the H'ville Golden Girls coach.

Someone was just telling me there was a meet up in White House on the Millersville side a few weeks ago, I'm not in the know about the Jeep happenings around, mainly keep to myself.

My wife is not an tent person, she needs to have walls to protect her from Sasquatches and other mythical creatures. I've been eyeing some of those off-road style small campers to tow, but wheres the fun in that.

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for a yellow jeep when we go cruising down to Hendersonville now.
There's another yellow tj that rolls around, but theyve got stock fenders. There's are lots of JK's down here, and most of them are ugly mall crawlers. One in particular that lives down the road from me. 22in rims with low profile tires. Gross.
If you want solid Mexican food, El grullense & El trumpo are the best in town. The first place doesn't have inside seating, but they do have a drive thru.
And trumpo is next to a chicken place that's super good, "Moore's fried chicken" better than princes, haddi b's, and whatever else "Nashville hot chicken" nonsense is going on. Prices are better too. I've been going there close to 5years.

Reactions: S.McArthur
That's where I 'll be all day Saturday the 24th....gonna jeep waive til my hand hurts, yank off angry bird grills, ride a mountain coaster and eat at Joe's Crab shack.
Loco Burro, the Mexican place in Gatlinburg has a 5lb Chihuahua burrito, if you can eat the entire thing you get it free and a t-shirt.
Guess who has the t-shirt? RIP rental chalet toilet.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: JMT and Hog
Loco Burro, the Mexican place in Gatlinburg has a 5lb Chihuahua burrito, if you can eat the entire thing you get it free and a t-shirt.
Guess who has the t-shirt? RIP rental chalet toilet.
Oh Lord, I'd blast a hole in my Bartacts with one of them .

Wish I would have know about this last month xD
I probably won't make it, but I'll see if I can swing it. Only a 3hour drive for me
Plus my birthday is the 25th this month. So that'd be a cool thing to do

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyG