Midland MXT275 MicroMobile

Anyone have a source for this surface mount connector for the mic cord? Is it just a regular Cat5? This?

4130-06-jpg.236497
You're almost due a nail touchup.

Reactions: MikekiM
All RJ45 bulkhead connectors are straight through...pin 1 to 1 through 8.

A CAT-5 cable to the bulkhead connectors is straight through and will work...as well as CAT-6 etc...that CAT refers to the data throughput capabilities and not the wiring schema.

I want to build a bulkhead connectors that breaks out the headphone/mic jacks so I can either plug a headset into the dash or run it to a wireless transmitter for a cordless headset.

Midland sent me the breakout for the 275...it's the same as the 575 too.

Screenshot_20221114-221506.png

-Mac

All RJ45 bulkhead connectors are straight through...pin 1 to 1 through 8.

A CAT-5 cable to the bulkhead connectors is straight through and will work...as well as CAT-6 etc...that CAT refers to the data throughput capabilities and not the wiring schema.

I want to build a bulkhead connectors that breaks out the headphone/mic jacks so I can either plug a headset into the dash or run it to a wireless transmitter for a cordless headset.

Midland sent me the breakout for the 275...it's the same as the 575 too.

View attachment 376842

-Mac

Would you be better off going with a CAT6A bulkhead connector for the shielding properties in that location? I may do something similar with my DTMF mic on my Ham radio.
This is what I was thinking,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WM84YRF/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I doubt shielded will make any difference in the 1/2" coupler/bulkhead fitting but what do I know...these are working perfectly in my TJ with a 275 and my wife's JK/575 with 1' CAT-5 cables.

I love having the radios hidden in the dash. Like to think it might make them less of a target.

-Mac

IMG_20221115_123350780.jpg

IMG_20221115_123314139.jpg