Mike Wasowski '04 Electric Lime Green TJ

That's a clean looking frame! It appears to have spent it's life around the desert.
Of course you'll have some rust between the skid and frame but that will be minimal.
Nice color.
Thanks, it has spent it's whole life in the Phoenix area, mostly garaged, and hasn't really been offroad. It was a good find. I'm still getting a little vibration around 20 mph, so I'll get to see if there's any rust between the skid and frame pretty soon, but I doubt I'll find any.

Yay! These weren’t as overpriced as some others I’ve seen. I’d much rather flip through a hard copy than a pdf.

F63FBC69-0D54-499C-8D6E-84917D64B6DD.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq
There were still some vibes even after the new 1” motor mounts, so I dropped the transfer case 1/2” and got new longer 12mmx1.75 bolts.
63344531-F4C7-4672-AAE6-BF736960C096.jpeg

I installed these 2” seat risers. I love them! Being a 2004 and not having a tumble seat on the driver’s side made it super short. Now I don’t feel like a munchkin driving through the land of Oz. Plus, I have tons of room under the seat.
36517404-2906-4DBA-B3CD-E679C9FF8D02.jpeg

Reactions: B00mb00m and Vasq
I had been meaning to check the alignment after the lift and new shoes. It was extremely pigeon toed. I set the toe in at 1/16”. Should drive even better now. Oh, and almost forgot, I changed the fluid in the Dana 30, installed a lube locker and rugged ridge diff cover protection.

32C13529-9DA1-442F-98C0-7AAF33FB2506.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up some used rock sliders locally. This company looks like it went under, but the design was praised back in the day as almost perfect with only minor issues easily remedied. No rock rash, just rough underneath from pebbles while road driving. Going to clean them up, paint, and put a thin coat of bedliner inside to keep the paint safe.

837DA1E9-4399-49CB-9CDA-D16FFEFEDEF6.jpeg

That is a really good design by the looks of it. do they go under your flares and cover the entire portion of the jeep tub or do they fit in between the flares?

That is a really good design by the looks of it. do they go under your flares and cover the entire portion of the jeep tub or do they fit in between the flares?
Between the flares. That’s the issue.

Lots of priming and painting today. Hopefully it all looks good tomorrow and I can install the front Savvy and rear UCF tire carrier bumpers tomorrow along with my Savvy steering skid.
30C78742-27F5-4444-B4CC-E44AD75866BD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I’m not going to get my Dana 44 installed before our first road trip, so I emptied the Dana 35 to check it out and change the fluid because it was leaking. Everything looks ok, so the diff cover will get a new coat of paint and I’ll put it back together in the morning since it’s 10:30 pm right now.

64088CFC-9673-47F1-A6C8-6CA61E243561.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and JMT
Been busy. In prep for the trip I just returned from I installed my Savvy steering box skid, 2” bump stops, Sunpie headlights, changed the transfer case fluid, changed the tranny fluid, added a Derale tranny cooler and temp gauge, cal trend seat covers, and changed of the dash cluster lights. More pics to come.
2FBFCC63-9A65-48CB-9EB7-4F66D55DE00B.jpeg 1813B6F6-1121-4C10-9A41-8CC4008F7179.jpeg

Nice build! Enjoying the progress and loving the lime green!

Reactions: minimull
I absolutely love the lines on the Savvy front bumper. I couldn’t use the Savvy fair lead mount because my Swayloc didn’t come in until the day I left, so I stole the winch plate off the LJ, since it’s getting a full width bumper (teenage driver protection 😂), mounted up my used m8000 with new TRE winch rope and a factor 55 ultrahook. I repainted the plastic cover, but still need to figure out the best way to remove the old stickers and get the new ones on that Jesse sent me and then it will look brand new. Once I get the Swayloc on, I’ll switch back to the Savvy fairlead and add the bar. I bought this winch cover to protect my rope from the AZ sun and it fits perfectly. Oh, and I gave my Sunpie Halos to my son for the LJ, so these are new black Sunpie headlights. They’re super bright, but the beam pattern doesn’t blind oncoming traffic and was easy to adjust. For $80 I don’t think they can be beat.
4CA82DA6-24DE-48F0-9606-2C2BFE06F177.jpeg
223B6F2C-BB06-44D2-A159-ACDFC2DBFD69.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Thanks, @flyinfish! I’ve got a long list of to do’s for Mikey right now, but Sully will be taking precedent for the next couple weeks as my son just turned 16 and can get his license in 2 weeks. So just two little related tasks accomplished for Mike today. I installed a tuffy under seat security drawer and a fishbone flashlight holder on the driver’s side. I wasn’t sure both would fit without interference, but it worked out perfectly. I’ll also have room to mount my amplifier on top of the drawer, so it will be totally hidden from view. I wanted to mount it under the steering wheel, but it’s bigger than I thought and would be super tight.
836B1C10-3B88-4CDF-841A-EFF0E714B1D7.jpeg
DC356A27-D4D7-4272-B830-DE1DC0D7E767.jpeg