Mike Wasowski '04 Electric Lime Green TJ

Been busy. In prep for the trip I just returned from I installed my Savvy steering box skid, 2” bump stops, Sunpie headlights, changed the transfer case fluid, changed the tranny fluid, added a Derale tranny cooler and temp gauge, cal trend seat covers, and changed of the dash cluster lights. More pics to come.
View attachment 249535 View attachment 249534
That is one good looking TJ!!

Reactions: minimull
Almost forgot to post these pics of Mike’s first trip and trail a couple weeks ago. Chicken Point at the end of Broken Arrow in Sedona. It was breathtaking.
17A42117-8B0C-41E1-B862-F620C4B23E5C.jpeg 4B6E15E8-0A21-4D50-8211-C6E8AA60EF34.jpeg D7A9D666-1027-4B80-86FC-8A1E76B48B53.jpegFB4026D3-FB06-4BC2-9888-9A57A4A453BF.jpeg CFBFBC74-1B91-4B78-8C9B-F6B0D8FEFCED.jpeg EE6A46AD-D681-47E2-A5FC-9BCC1E12DCB0.jpeg

It's coming together nicely! They're a good looking pair of Jeeps.
Building up two Jeeps at the same time might need more pockets or just deeper ones. :D

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket

It's coming together nicely! They're a good looking pair of Jeeps.
Building up two Jeeps at the same time might need more pockets or just deeper ones. :D

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket
So true! I'll be updating the LJ build thread soon. Sully's been eating up the parts budget with replacement parts, while Mikey gets most of the fun stuff, but I guess that's the difference in buying a TJ with 70 something thousand miles versus an LJ with just under 120K miles. I'm excited to share though as my now 16yo son has started conquering jobs on his own with just some minor assistance and oversight. Now instead of working on one job together, he's working on something on the LJ while I work on the TJ. I LOVE IT!

So true! I'll be updating the LJ build thread soon. Sully's been eating up the parts budget with replacement parts, while Mikey gets most of the fun stuff, but I guess that's the difference in buying a TJ with 70 something thousand miles versus an LJ with just under 120K miles. I'm excited to share though as my now 16yo son has started conquering jobs on his own with just some minor assistance and oversight. Now instead of working on one job together, he's working on something on the LJ while I work on the TJ. I LOVE IT!
That will create many good memories for you both. (y)

Reactions: minimull
My silver faced marine stereo has been bugging me since I installed it. I thought I wouldn’t care, but I was wrong. Came up with a solution though. I bought the equivalent non marine version in black to replace it and the silver deck will be going in the boy’s silver LJ where it will actually match plus he’ll be excited because his deck sucks. No new wiring required for Mike because the plugs are exactly the same.
64F41737-A148-496B-95A3-3BCD65321437.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Planning to tackle the Swayloc install next. The packaging is pretty awesome, but the front of the drivers side arm looks a little off. Anyone know if this is normal?
A3BC98B1-6637-4AEE-AF68-8E2B79B976AA.jpeg

Planning to tackle the Swayloc install next. The packaging is pretty awesome, but the front of the drivers side arm looks a little off. Anyone know if this is normal?
View attachment 254171
It appears that the upper hole in picture was drilled a bit too close to end of piece. Besides the one side being slightly longer than the other, it will function as intended.

Reactions: KcTj and minimull
Well, I didn’t get the Swayloc on yet. Instead I decided to get my ZJ upgrade steering linkage installed. I’d already order the package from 4wp because I’ve had a little shake at 40mph since I’d bought it, but it seemed to be getting more prevalent since the lift and bigger tires. It’s all gone now! Just smooth riding. 8F8BBE81-011D-4C6A-BA3D-F76EF789DE64.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Picked up a little utility trailer from offerup today. It’s the 5x8 aluminum kit from northern tool. I’ll be upgrading the tires and probably the axle, too, ASAP. It will be a good little general use trailer for now. Hoping to get it upgraded and registered ASAP to take to pickup our African mounts that are in a crate waiting in St George right now from our SA safari in 2019. I’m not sure what the final build of this trailer will be or how big the upgrades will be. I love that it’s super light to tow behind the jeeps. Maybe eventually timbren axles, some more aluminum reinforcement and a squared off teardrop on top? Suggestions are welcome.
74722ABA-BCE6-4753-962A-0B7BDE732ED6.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and Vasq
Picked up some used rock sliders locally. This company looks like it went under, but the design was praised back in the day as almost perfect with only minor issues easily remedied. No rock rash, just rough underneath from pebbles while road driving. Going to clean them up, paint, and put a thin coat of bedliner inside to keep the paint safe.

View attachment 244306
good find!

I installed these 2” seat risers. I love them! Being a 2004 and not having a tumble seat on the driver’s side made it super short. Now I don’t feel like a munchkin driving through the land of Oz. Plus, I have tons of room under the seat.
View attachment 244195

How did you do this? I have a 2005 LJ ( same color) and I'm 6'5" and would love more vertical space.