Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

FE702F27-2769-462F-8EE1-3EA81A4D3CAF.jpeg

How far where you able to push it forward?

Didn’t push it forward yet. I did have to move the frame side mounts forward a bit to get the upper mount away from the body as it was super tight. I think this was due to the suspension being designed for use with a 1.25” bl and mine only being 1”. I’m going to play with wheelbase a bit more when I raise it a bit and throw in the coilovers I have laying around. I also have to build a new mount for the engine skid support. Dylan and I were kind of beat so we didn’t mess with it beyond cycling it at the standard wheelbase configuration.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Most people cut the back rear quarter panel fender off. I like that you kept it. I know you drive it on the road so it was most likely required but it keeps the Jeep look still, and not evolving into a buggy, IMO. Great job!

I appreciate the kind words. My goal was to keep it looking more or less like a basic tj!

Reactions: Paparock1 and JMT
I know I keep going back and forth about my front suspension, but I have a plan for now. I snagged some 2.0 fox 10” smoothies for a good deal to run with coil springs off of a cool jeeper today. Coilovers will remain in my parts pile until I’m ready to front stretch and axle swap (unless @DylanM345 pesters me into submission to sell them to him). It’s not a project I really want to do twice, so these should hold me over in the mean time.

5DA65471-9C25-44D5-8CFD-A882B02F34CD.jpeg

Been cycling tonight. I’m curious to hear what any of you guys are running as far as bump stop extension lengths. These are just simple bolt on 10s but it’s temporary.

Looks like I’ll need 3” extensions, but wanted to know what you guys are running with trussed/linked front axles as my limit is the shocks. Visually when I had it under the jeep it looked a lot tighter between the truss and oil pan but my eyes may have been tricks on me.

Was also planning on doing the hockey puck cheap route on the axle. (Ignore the brake lines those are getting changed asap)

244BB803-4862-4304-9CAE-5D143361615E.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
Did some snow wheeling at bald mountain in shaver lake. Due to people getting stuck and some trail fixes we weren’t able to get off the trail until after dark. The way back down was sketchy due to ice and snow. Luckily everyone made it in one piece.

C89FE8A9-5F21-4ED7-84DA-8B81E703F0B3.jpeg

C15B49AC-8557-470B-82C5-4824A4AA6151.jpeg
Today I deep cleaned/waxed the jeep, and cleaned up some wiring under the hood. Here’s a photo for my own record of it all clean (it’s never this clean). I also threw on yj brake lines for the new higher ride height.
C62D4CFB-161A-455C-911B-E24C09D7A3CC.jpeg

B8543442-CAE0-47F2-B5C6-C3AFC9E5F4A4.jpeg

C9AB77C5-433E-4D59-BC7C-1E9326FC0F25.jpeg

Are you missing the back window for your top? I think I have one in my shed left over from an old top I destroyed on a trail ride.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ