Mild (for now) 02 Sahara Build

OP
02GreenTJ

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
I haven't updated the build thread in long time and a few changes have happened to the Jeep since then. The biggest being Highline fenders and 35 inch km3s. I also installed some JK turn signals on the grill and currectlync. Then I installed a motobilt diff cover and took it wheeling in JV with my Jeep club as well as KOH.

0.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_9570.JPG

IMG_9905 (1).jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

OP
02GreenTJ

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Been pretty busy with the Jeep lots of wheeling and some maintenance. I recently installed new spicer balljoints, black magic pads with the centric rotors. When I was doing the brakes I found one of my calipers was toast so replaced both of those as well. Next is a new oil pan after a mishap on the rubicon.
0.jpg

Alex01

Doing the "Rain Dance"
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
View attachment 268104
Replaced my cracked oil pan with a spectra pan and felpro gasket, Finally got my doors and little fender panel painted by @Alex01 I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Also got an antirock from @mvigo. I have a few plans for the near future coming up as well
Looking good. Welcome to the not "worrying about disconnecting ever again" club.

Reactions: mvigo and 02GreenTJ

Alex01

Doing the "Rain Dance"
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Sorry lower gearing. May try and find a 241 or try an atlas. I have a slight vibe but it goes away when the front ds is out. I think it just needs a balance.
Ah, that makes more sense. I still think the 5:1 and the PSC are the two best things I've done to my jeep. 5:1 made it way more enjoyable on the tough stuff. I do wonder though if the PSC box without the ram would have been enough. It's one of the few things I didn't do in stages.

OP
02GreenTJ

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Ah, that makes more sense. I still think the 5:1 and the PSC are the two best things I've done to my jeep. 5:1 made it way more enjoyable on the tough stuff. I do wonder though if the PSC box without the ram would have been enough. It's one of the few things I didn't do in stages.
I’ve been talking to a lot of people about the 5:1 vs 4.3:1. I think either one would be a massive improvement. Hydro isn’t in the cards right now but having driven a few jeeps with it I would love to eventually do it.

Alex01

Doing the "Rain Dance"
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I’ve been talking to a lot of people about the 5:1 vs 4.3:1. I think either one would be a massive improvement. Hydro isn’t in the cards right now but having driven a few jeeps with it I would love to eventually do it.
If you play in the sand 5:1 may not be the best. Otherwise, the 5:1 is awesome. @DrDmoney and @Lonewolf both went that route as well and as far as I know both are still very happy with the choice.

OP
02GreenTJ

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
If you play in the sand 5:1 may not be the best. Otherwise, the 5:1 is awesome. @DrDmoney and @Lonewolf both went that route as well and as far as I know both are still very happy with the choice.
I played in the sand occasionally. But pismo beach is closing soon unfortunately and it just beats my jeep up. Mostly just go to the dunes to camp. I think 5:1 would be good. Primary use for the jeep is nor cal rock crawling and socal desert stuff. Also hoping to make it back to moab next summer.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01

Lonewolf

TJ Enthusiast
I’m happy with the 5:1 and 4.88. I haven’t taken it in the sand but in the snow it doesn’t feel too low I just end up using 3rd and 4th gear. The control in the rocks is night and day Compared to the 231

DrDmoney

WRKP406
Supporting Member
When we hit the dunes in Moab mine did great in 1st and 2nd gear high range never even stuck it in low
E9BE6897-9F3D-41C6-9C3B-91C25AB6E540.jpeg