Mild front bumper options?

One of my only cosmetic mods that I want to change about my TJ is the front bumper I see all these crazy heavy duties everywhere it I want something mild that will be balanced out with my lift and tires, any suggestions? View attachment 21894

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out Tuff stuff's winch plate and grill guard. Only $120!
IMG_6029.JPG
IMG_6032.JPG

Reactions: JMT and Nicholas
Check out Tuff stuff's winch plate and grill guard. Only $120!View attachment 21954View attachment 21955

I really like that. I wanted a dirtworx but with shipping and a winch plate and the bull bar. Your pushing 400. It's probably worth it and I still might pull the trigger but the tuff stuff looks like another option. How does the bar attach to the stock bumper??? How sturdy does it feel when bolted???

I really like that. I wanted a dirtworx but with shipping and a winch plate and the bull bar. Your pushing 400. It's probably worth it and I still might pull the trigger but the tuff stuff looks like another option. How does the bar attach to the stock bumper??? How sturdy does it feel when bolted???

So I haven't personally seen one in person. Go check it out on their website. The bar is attached to a really beefy winch plate that is designed around the front bumper. It's solid steel construction and attaches to the same place that hold in the bumper and tow hooks. I like it because it's light weight and has a nice clean look. Could make a small stinger out of it if you do a bumper chop with it (see photo below). I'd say if you trust those mounting points for a winch (which I do) then it is strong enough for me. I plan of getting rid of our current Smittybilt set up and going this direction. I'm starting to dig the more minimalist look.
IMG_6023.JPG

Anyone feel like any of these options above are okay for my 4 banger?

They should all work no problem. I'd pick the one I liked and could afford and go for it!

X2 with JMT...remember what you get here is mostly anecdotal experiences and opinions which masquerade as fact. This is not to be dicounted but should be taken for what it is. My front bumper from nates 4x4 is about 55 lbs + a winch mounted on it is ~ 100 lbs on stock springs and if the front is saging I don't see it. So I'm with JMT get what you like and wheel with it.

Reactions: Nicholas
Anyone feel like any of these options above are okay for my 4 banger?

the trick with the 4cyl jeeps is keeping it light...so the less steel stuff you bolt onto it, the better it will be..think aluminum

The heavy duty Rockhard (look for it on my orange YJ in their ad) I bought originally was too heavy, so I went with an aluminum Metalcloak front bumper on my 4cyl YJ and it's much happier now

Right ^^^, aluminum will be lighter, but always just check the weight, your stock bumper is about 25lbs. So, obviously any aftermarket addition is going to add weight. But remember, no matter what, if it does cause your front springs to sag, you can always add a cheap spacer (<$30) to solve that.

One of my only cosmetic mods that I want to change about my TJ is the front bumper I see all these crazy heavy duties everywhere it I want something mild that will be balanced out with my lift and tires, any suggestions?

??? OP never mentioned winch.

I vote for modifying your stock one till you know exactly what you like/want.

bumper.jpg