Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

Those lower arms do not look like stock arms, but meh. Uppers aren't either.
Definitely different from a TJ but I think according to google images they're OEM jk arms
1650428340825.png

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Also felt it was worth mentioning after 70000 miles and five years the tj is no longer my daily. I picked up a 200$ Honda Civic with 190k miles and a manual trans. Needed a head gasket so I did that myself as well as a timing belt and water pump. She ain’t a looker but after a weekend of work all ten cels are gone and I’ve been driving it for months now no issues. Even did a 1000 mile road trip in it. It has already paid for itself in gas savings.

08204018-8CC2-43C4-9F7F-C6F61B8BEA43.jpeg

94B70294-B65F-4ECD-8764-E8C66DCB7AC8.jpeg

A55B47B8-ACCD-4315-88DB-5926C734A447.jpeg

71574336-2DDB-40C1-A4A2-3802129F7800.jpeg

F5257F60-3F9A-4F04-8A6D-6A1FFE77CF42.jpeg

Wondering what you guys do for transporting dirt bikes with the Jeeps? I got a 1983 xr 200r that I’ve been getting dialed in and currently am rocking a hitch hauler but am open to suggestions on small cheap trailers or something like that. The pic with the faded plastics is the day I got it versus how it sits now. An old man owned it, it’s all original including the cracked tires dated 1982. Cleaned the carb and she runs like a top.

4B97D911-C99D-4D7B-A1A1-8AB220D2185B.jpeg

913EE4E2-2E43-4500-B4A1-A876B85D0CB2.jpeg

Wondering what you guys do for transporting dirt bikes with the Jeeps? I got a 1983 xr 200r that I’ve been getting dialed in and currently am rocking a hitch hauler but am open to suggestions on small cheap trailers or something like that. The pic with the faded plastics is the day I got it versus how it sits now. An old man owned it, it’s all original including the cracked tires dated 1982. Cleaned the carb and she runs like a top.

View attachment 324166

View attachment 324167
I bought a truck not a $200 civic with 30+ mpg 🤣

A hitch mount should work great. You'd likely need to pull the spare though because it'd likely interfere. If you're in the area with it let me know. I have a crf250 I need to ride.

Last edited:
I bought a truck not a $200 civic with 30+ mpg 🤣

A hitch mount should work great. You'd likely need to pull the spare though because it'd likely interfere. If you're in the area with it let me know. I have a crf250 I need to ride.
I will definitely let you know. I usually ride up in the mountains up near arnold and lake alpine. We could get people together and hit slick rock, deer valley, and sourgrass then go ride.

Running the rubicon in a few weeks again so I had a question for people before I go. I have an Aussie locker in the garage waiting to go in but have been holding off to be kinder to my steering and front axle. My biggest hold ups when wheeling has been the open front but was wondering if you guys think it would be worth throwing in now. I run stock shafts with the bigger u joints and I also carry spares. Would I grenade stock shafts left and right and would I hate life with an auto locker and no hydro assist. Please let me know what you guys think. Also note that if I do lock it now alloy shafts would be a near future upgrade just not before Memorial Day when my club runs the rubicon.

Running the rubicon in a few weeks again so I had a question for people before I go. I have an Aussie locker in the garage waiting to go in but have been holding off to be kinder to my steering and front axle. My biggest hold ups when wheeling has been the open front but was wondering if you guys think it would be worth throwing in now. I run stock shafts with the bigger u joints and I also carry spares. Would I grenade stock shafts left and right and would I hate life with an auto locker and no hydro assist. Please let me know what you guys think. Also note that if I do lock it now alloy shafts would be a near future upgrade just not before Memorial Day when my club runs the rubicon.
The front axle doesn't take nearly as much load as the rear so I'd bet you'd be fine assuming you're not beating on the thing. That said since you'll be fairly far from home I don't think I'd risk it unless I had hubs, a spare shaft, or a trailer.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
The front axle doesn't take nearly as much load as the rear so I'd bet you'd be fine assuming you're not beating on the thing. That said since you'll be fairly far from home I don't think I'd risk it unless I had hubs, a spare shaft, or a trailer.
I keep a full set of spare shafts with hubs and all with me whenever I wheel.

Reactions: Alex01
My front 30 has a auto locker and I haven't had anything break. Stock steering and I believe stock axle shafts. I don't test the rev limiter either though.