Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

Damn! I think the almond steelies look SSOOO good with the green paint! I looked up this thread just because I saw your avatar on another thread. Thought to myself, "I gotta see more about this jeep..." The emblems on the hubs are an outstanding touch! Love the look. Would definitely take the hubs off before I wheeled though; don't want to play in the dirt with Salvatore Ferragamo shoes! :D
Haha, thanks the hubcaps don't see the rocks or mud.View attachment 70985

Reactions: Squatch
Damn! I think the almond steelies look SSOOO good with the green paint! I looked up this thread just because I saw your avatar on another thread. Thought to myself, "I gotta see more about this jeep..." The emblems on the hubs are an outstanding touch! Love the look. Would definitely take the hubs off before I wheeled though; don't want to play in the dirt with Salvatore Ferragamo shoes! :D
Haha thanks! The hubcaps don't see rocks or mud.
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1336.PNG

Man, from what I see from your pics and wheeling videos on youtube, it sure is beautiful & out west! The scenery is amazing!

In the mail are my OME HD 2" Springs to replace my coil spacers, and in the garage is my JKS MML which still needs to go in.

@02GreenTJ, your Jeep looks great. I love the steelies and I'm looking to get some for my Jeep. Do you mind sharing what brand yours are and where you got them? I would like to get some white ones. I will probably gradually follow a similar path as your build, mild, functional, and attractive. Thanks for the help.

@02GreenTJ, your Jeep looks great. I love the steelies and I'm looking to get some for my Jeep. Do you mind sharing what brand yours are and where you got them? I would like to get some white ones. I will probably gradually follow a similar path as your build, mild, functional, and attractive. Thanks for the help.
Thanks! https://www.summitracing.com/search...Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU&ar=1 Here are the wheels I painted them with rustoleum in Almond.

Reactions: redsport
Its been awhile since I updated the build thread so I figured I'd update it right now. I installed my OME Coils, MML lift, Metalcloak double adjustable upper rear control arms, and have been continuing maintenance. I started college in the fall and have been busy wheeling on the weekends with my schools Jeep club, but projects have been at a standstill. Over the holidays I will be installing my SYE, Tom Wood's Driveshaft, Barnes 4wd high clearance transfer case skid, and a 1975 Warn 8274.
IMG-3447.JPG
file.jpeg
pismo.jpg

Installed a transfer case that already had a sye on it and Barnes 4wd 2 inch drop skid today. Tomorrow the my Tom woods driveshaft is going to a shop to get shortened. Also found out the motor on my 8274 is toast so I’m going to do a full restoration with a new motor, new brake, and a thorough cleaning. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Tummy tuck has been done for awhile now, just haven't uploaded. Installed my new driveshaft as well.
59847942486__C802D432-51B9-4F40-A2A4-39C31CE38F51.JPG
IMG_5333.jpg
IMG_5334.jpg
This is what the barnes skid looks like (All that orange is dirt not rust). I've wheeled it quite a bit with the new setup and it makes a big difference, not to mention got rid of the stock hammered shovel and all driveline vibes.

After the tummy tuck I had some time off school and finally got my 8274 on my Jeep plus restored it. I may post a thread on the rebuild process. The winch got a new upgraded 9.5xp motor, solenoids, and brake rebuild. It is super fast and should last forever now.
IMG_5332.jpg
IMG_4746.JPG

Forgot to mention that a while back I also installed a MORE one inch body lift for the TT. Up next for the Jeep is a set of lower currie control arms with johnny joints I scored on CL for $100 to replace my mangled front lowers. Also planning on an engine skid. Probably going to go with either savvy, UCF, or MORE. Then in the summer when I am working full time I will regear and install lockers. Long term plan is Genright or poison spyder highlines, and thirty fives. I may stick to 33s, but have been wheeling up in Sierras, Moab, and just recently Johnson Valley as I went to KOH with my Jeep club (not in my Jeep though) and 35s would be ideal. In the spring I will also likely wheel the Rubicon over memorial day weekend.

Reactions: ScottCO
Forgot to mention that a while back I also installed a MORE one inch body lift for the TT. Up next for the Jeep is a set of lower currie control arms with johnny joints I scored on CL for $100 to replace my mangled front lowers. Also planning on an engine skid. Probably going to go with either savvy, UCF, or MORE. Then in the summer when I am working full time I will regear and install lockers. Long term plan is Genright or poison spyder highlines, and thirty fives. I may stick to 33s, but have been wheeling up in Sierras, Moab, and just recently Johnson Valley as I went to KOH with my Jeep club (not in my Jeep though) and 35s would be ideal. In the spring I will also likely wheel the Rubicon over memorial day weekend.

Be prepared for any and all crazy weather. We wheeled the Con last mid September and had rain and snow 2 of the 3 days on the trail.
20190916_121859.jpg