Mildly Out of Hand 02 Sahara Build

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
My first Jeep have been slowly modifying it. (As it stood when I got it)
IMG_1092.JPG

Then I added a winch Rubicon Express 2 Inch Lift and 32" BFG k02s over the course of 1 year. It slowly gets better and better.View attachment 55090
Love the look! In fact, we have very similar starting points and directions. I have a Moss Green '98 Sahara with a tan (Spice?) hardtop. I went with steelie wheels, only I went with smoothies, as I wanted to utilize a smaller baby moon hubcap than I'd be able to use had I gone with what you got. The wheel colors are remarkably similar, as well.
IMG_0107.JPG

Cap.JPG

I will be painting my hardtop to match the wheels.

Seeing your rig definitely helps me visualize my slow-going project. Please keep posting pics as you go! Totally digging this! Any more plans?

Last edited:
You'd think so, wouldn't ya? I'm floored by the parallels. I must say, @02GreenTJ has excellent taste! :D
Crazy how similar I read most of your thread. I gotta say we may have the coolest Jeeps on the forum. Just kidding keep me posted on your hubcaps because I am really debating on doing the same thing. I am in school so when I do see a Jeep all I see are black wheels. If I ever see a Jeep that looks like mine I’ll know who it is.

Reactions: Squatch
Crazy how similar I read most of your thread. I gotta say we may have the coolest Jeeps on the forum. Just kidding keep me posted on your hubcaps because I am really debating on doing the same thing. I am in school so when I do see a Jeep all I see are black wheels. If I ever see a Jeep that looks like mine I’ll know who it is.
I'll go back and reread your posts relating to your wheels and see if I can't figure out what size of hubcap you'd need. If some old OEM Jeep hubcaps (dog dish/poverty caps) won't fit those rims, then perhaps you could take the route I did with the baby moons and a printed emblem. I could probably talk the fella here at work into printing out some more copies of what I had done. If I can, I'd be glad to pass them on to you for your rig.

I'll go back and reread your posts relating to your wheels and see if I can't figure out what size of hubcap you'd need. If some old OEM Jeep hubcaps (dog dish/poverty caps) won't fit those rims, then perhaps you could take the route I did with the baby moons and a printed emblem. I could probably talk the fella here at work into printing out some more copies of what I had done. If I can, I'd be glad to pass them on to you for your rig.
That would be great! I'd be really interested in those printed emblems. The hubcaps that fit are 10 1/8 inch. Not sure if they would look odd with hubcaps that are that big. I really like the retro look of the Jeep Emblem

I know that original Jeep/ Willys hubcaps that came in that size were for option 15 inch wheels. They are very pricey for a full set in bad shape so let me know about those decals.

If I were to do the plain caps with the emblem I would go with these I thinks https://hubcapmike.com/10-1-8-inch-size-baby-moon-hubcap-steel-chrome-finish-cover/ . @Squatch have you heard of these guys?
Yes, I have heard of them. That hubcap size is fairly standard, and the baby moons (moon caps) to fit those wheels are sold all over the place. Look into a vendor that has free shipping, for added savings. Check out Speedway Motors, Summit, etc. That size cap is very common. The only reason I went smaller was because I really wanted a lot of wheel color showing. Chrysler (Mopar) was the only brand that sold an OEM steel wheel that took a small hubcap (8.750" diameter, if I recall correctly). Everyone else's was larger. However, Chrysler's basic steel wheel is rather unattractive, in my opinion, so I just couldn't bring myself to run 'em on my TJ. If you do elect to go with some baby moons, let me know, and I'll see what I can do about getting you some of the Jeep emblems. I'm fairly certain he saved the program.

Yes, I have heard of them. That hubcap size is fairly standard, and the baby moons (moon caps) to fit those wheels are sold all over the place. Look into a vendor that has free shipping, for added savings. Check out Speedway Motors, Summit, etc. That size cap is very common. The only reason I went smaller was because I really wanted a lot of wheel color showing. Chrysler (Mopar) was the only brand that sold an OEM steel wheel that took a small hubcap (8.750" diameter, if I recall correctly). Everyone else's was larger. However, Chrysler's basic steel wheel is rather unattractive, in my opinion, so I just couldn't bring myself to run 'em on my TJ. If you do elect to go with some baby moons, let me know, and I'll see what I can do about getting you some of the Jeep emblems. I'm fairly certain he saved the program.
I'll look for some baby moons but let me know how much it would cost for the emblems.

I'll look for some baby moons but let me know how much it would cost for the emblems.
The emblems would be a gift. I just need to be sure the guy at work has the time to kick some more out for me, as his area has been busy, as-of late. Hell, being that my TJ is so far behind schedule, I might just send you my emblems so you can get 'em on your rig. I'd be willing to do that, as long as I know I can get some more made up at a later date. Let me check and see, and I'll get back to you on that. ;)

Reactions: dla
Hey, @02GreenTJ...I just spoke with the guy who produced the Jeep emblems for me (for the baby moons), and he said that he would make me some more of 'em, if I needed. So, if you end up buying some moons, just let me know, and I will send you some emblems. All I would ask is that you actually buy the baby moons first, as there truly would be no point in having the fella produce something if there's the chance they'd not be used. Having said that, I really would love to see your rig sporting those emblems! Just let me know what ya think, and we can go from there.

Thanks thats super nice of you! I am going to think about the baby moons. If I were to do them I would definitely want the logo! I'll let you know and really appreciate it