Mile Marker SEC8 Winch?

No first-hand knowledge but it looks like they only have a 2 year warranty where Warn, Ramsey, etc. have limited lifetime and Smittybilt has lifetime mechanical and 3 year electrical.
IDK, might be a good deal.

It "apparently" is "Hecho En China" at the same factory that makes Badlands - not exactly a stellar recommendation. I passed on it as a brand new one is only $150 more.

I used to have a MileMarker 9500, don't know if it was this particular model. It worked ok, one thing it had that I liked was a disconnect switch on the winch, it simply isolated power from the motor in case the remote connection failed (?). The outside finishes were crap, the spreader bars for the two case halves started out chrome, in a matter of 30 days they were rusted. The "powder coating" was crap as well, but since the case is aluminum it really did not matter. It always worked when I plugged in the remote and used it..... Most inexpensive winches use powdered metal gears as opposed to cast/forged/or machined gears, but it did not fail to perform when called upon....... I would not buy another one unless I was in dire need and did not have the funds for a Warn......

Reactions: Zorba
Milemarker is not the company it once was. They are just importers now.

I had a conversation with the head of Milemarker customer service two years ago when I was investigating TJ manual hub conversion kits. The fact that he was also the warehouse foreman spoke volumes about corporate management philosophy.

Milemarker hecho en Brasil TJ hub kits have a reason for their reputation as exploders in addition to being based on Ford Explorer hubs. I can only imagine how wonderful their cheap Chinesium winches must be.

Reactions: Zorba