Milestar Patagonia 15k Mile Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
After researching tires I went with the Milestar Patagonia 33x12.5x15. I only have a few thousand miles on mine so far but I love them. They are absolutely quiet on the highway and ride smooth. They have never lost traction or slid in the rain. They grip just fine offroad on trails though i don't rock climb so I can't attest to how they function there.

I'll see how they function in the snow this coming winter but as far as how they perform now, I'd highly recommend them.

Haven't been to Moab (yet) but if I go there on these tires and they suck, I promise that I'll tell you the truth. Remember, I'm on freakin beadlocks and it takes me close to an hour to mount each new tire, so I'm not going to bs anybody when selecting a tire means 5 hours of super-boring work to get them mounted.

Depending what happens with pricing next time I need tires, I may try the KM3s since I haven't tried those yet, but based on my experience with Patagonias so far, if that was the only tire they had in stock, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 5 of them. Clearly, that's not your experience, and I respect that, but that doesn't make it a "garbage tire"... ;)

All tires stick in Moab, except maybe one. And FWiW, I don't have beadlocks and I often run my 35" Crapagonias at 8psi. Did I mention that I daily drive these things too? :)

I've seen jjvw's tires in person and I can attest to how much that tire sucks. I wanted to see them with an open mind as we are always looking for a better tire. Those damn things wouldn't hook up with anything. And then to see how awful they wear was ridiculous. I'm out. I can't say how they handle on the road as a DD but I wouldn't have the temper to run then more than a day off road. It's weird, we have granite in Colorado too 🙄

I've seen jjvw's tires in person and I can attest to how much that tire sucks. I wanted to see them with an open mind as we are always looking for a better tire. Those damn things wouldn't hook up with anything. And then to see how awful they wear was ridiculous. I'm out. I can't say how they handle on the road as a DD but I wouldn't have the temper to run then more than a day off road. It's weird, we have granite in Colorado too 🙄
Jesus Frankenstein Christ!!!

All tires stick in Moab, except maybe one. And FWiW, I don't have beadlocks and I often run my 35" Crapagonias at 8psi. Did I mention that I daily drive these things too? :)

Hey man, I'm getting worried about you, sounds like you might need a drink... or maybe 'the herb' since y'all legalized it in Colorado too! ;)

Have a good one, and don't get so worked up about tires, it's bad for your health... lol

I was about to say, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen @jjvw this passionate about anything 🤣

Never? You must be new here!

I do know that I never complained about either of my previous tires in the same way partly because they fulfilled expectations. One reason I am so incredibly disappointed by the Patagonias is because of the hype surrounding them even from some allegedly hardcore wheelers. Colorado is not a difficult wheeling state. Yet here I am, putting this supposedly great tire through some legitimate use and they show themselves to be perfectly mediocre at everything I throw at them.

Damn son, are you the PHC President and you called out the troops???! lol Ok, ok, I give, the Patagonias are the worst tires on the planet, just call off your dogs!! ;)

Can I tell you the good news of my tires (vs @jjvw’s)? 😂

I’m still deciding on the MTs for me (Though the Patagonia’s are out unless I see any other evidence than what I’ve seen in person), but for those in CO and other packed granite areas - I’d need to see some good evidence those are any good.

Reactions: jjvw
Never? You must be new here!

I do know that I never complained about either of my previous tires in the same way partly because they fulfilled expectations. One reason I am so incredibly disappointed by the Patagonias is because of the hype surrounding them even from some allegedly hardcore wheelers. Colorado is not a difficult wheeling state. Yet here I am, putting this supposedly great tire through some legitimate use and they show themselves to be perfectly mediocre.

These are cheap Taiwanese made tires, right? Like significantly cheaper than an MT/R?

I've seen him run those tires both ungrooved and grooved and can attest that they couldn't even hook up with a drunk sailor on shore leave in Thailand.

Bruh... no experience with Thailand either, but you're really hurting my feelings with your 'thumbs down' on my post, I'm kinda feeling triggered and looking for my safe space... lol

These are cheap Taiwanese made tires, right? Like significantly cheaper than an MT/R?

They used to be cheap (paid $146 last year for a 35) but now they're $207 vs a KM3 at $234, so price is really not much of a selling point anymore. They definitely hyped the hell out of these tires (LiteBrite and lots of shops who apparently got free tires) and that made me highly suspicious but for $146 I thought I would give them a try and they definitely exceeded my expectations. Clearly that wasn't the case for the Colorado Patagonia Haters club... lol

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
They used to be cheap (paid $146 last year for a 35) but now they're $207 vs a KM3 at $234, so price is really not much of a selling point anymore. They definitely hyped the hell out of these tires (LiteBrite and lots of shops who apparently got free tires) and that made me highly suspicious but for $146 I thought I would give them a try and they definitely exceeded my expectations. Clearly that wasn't the case for the Colorado Patagonia Haters club... lol

Well, I guess that’s still cheap compared to an MTR. Last I looked a 35” MTR was like $333 or something crazy!

Makes me happy I don’t have 37s 🤣

Omission is a lie. Since I had to mention it, I'd consider all comments after the fact pretty much bullshit.

Why? I made them perform better off road, and they still are inadequate. The grooving made them better on the street too. Less noisy. The chunk that tore out didn't originate at any of my grooves. They are still wearing down at an incredible rate.

No one should have to modify their tires to make them begin to do what they claim to do.

Last edited:
Can I tell you the good news of my tires (vs @jjvw’s)? 😂

I’m still deciding on the MTs for me (Though the Patagonia’s are out unless I see any other evidence than what I’ve seen in person), but for those in CO and other packed granite areas - I’d need to see some good evidence those are any good.

Yes. I've seen how great your BFG KM-somethings are compared to mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.