Milestar Patagonias or BF Goodrich KO2?

I hear Milestar has a Patagonia in an AT with a 50k mile warranty. Something to contemplate on my part?
Plenty of Jeepers are reporting they chunk out easily and wear fast. They might be good for the price?? They are foreign made and distributed in the US by a California marketing company, which has made an attractive video with an attractive "Jeeper":). Can't trust the content though.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Plenty of Jeepers are reporting they chunk out easily and wear fast. They might be good for the price?? They are foreign made and distributed in the US by a California marketing company, which has made an attractive video with an attractive "Jeeper":). Can't trust the content though.
Ultimately, that was the reason I didn't go with them. I started reading/hearing the same thing.

Nobody anywhere should be saying they last a long time.
Pros:
soft and sticky for rocks, big lugs to work in mud, quiet on the road, and cheap.

Cons:
Soft and dont last long, need to be rotated frequently to prevent cupping

They feel as soft as the 200tw tires on my miata.

Nobody anywhere should be saying they last a long time.
Pros:
soft and sticky for rocks, big lugs to work in mud, quiet on the road, and cheap.

Cons:
Soft and dont last long, need to be rotated frequently to prevent cupping

They feel as soft as the 200tw tires on my miata.

If you had to put a percentage on it, what would you say the life would be compared to a higher end mud tire like the KM3? They're about a third cheaper, so if they last at least 2/3 as long its still a net savings.

Reactions: YourWorstEnemy
If you had to put a percentage on it, what would you say the life would be compared to a higher end mud tire like the KM3? They're about a third cheaper, so if they last at least 2/3 as long its still a net savings.

They will probably get 75% or better of what you would get out of a KM3...have a set with 6000 miles on them on a JL which is much heavier and they have been wearing really well...also have had 3 rock crawling trips with no chunking...real world no hype...really good tires and drive perfect on the highway...

They will probably get 75% or better of what you would get out of a KM3...have a set with 6000 miles on them on a JL which is much heavier and they have been wearing really well...also have had 3 rock crawling trips with no chunking...real world no hype...really good tires and drive perfect on the highway...

nice review. As he referred to in the video, it's nice to hear it from someone that doesn't have a Milestar sponsorship. He also seems to be objective about it and not one of those people trying to convince themselves they made the right call when things aren't going as well as they'd hoped. I subscribed to his channel so I can see the next time he does an update.

I've seen a few people rip them on their propensity for premature cupping, but it seems like maybe with regular rotation they'll do ok. I can never figure out whether those people have previous experience with mud tires or not.

Reactions: YourWorstEnemy
nice review. As he referred to in the video, it's nice to hear it from someone that doesn't have a Milestar sponsorship. He also seems to be objective about it and not one of those people trying to convince themselves they made the right call when things aren't going as well as they'd hoped. I subscribed to his channel so I can see the next time he does an update.

I've seen a few people rip them on their propensity for premature cupping, but it seems like maybe with regular rotation they'll do ok. I can never figure out whether those people have previous experience with mud tires or not.
Awesome I will let him know to continue to update the channel thanks

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Is this the Vision Wheels 398 Manx? If so, I'm thinking about going with this same wheel. I'd love to see pics of them when you get the tires on them and mounted.
Just an update if you've missed my posts on my wheels/tires being mounted.
Very impressed with both.
IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

Street tires look gay on a TJ, especially a lifted one. At the very least a semi-aggressive looking AT is needed. The BFG KO, while not my first choice, looks pretty good. Nice job!

Reactions: Tray Burge