Military Memes

1629174710629.png

1629847406814.png

This 19 year old ex-cheerleader now an Air Force Security Forces Sniper, was watching a road in Pakistan that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road. She engaged the target (she shot him).
It turned out he
was a bomb maker for the Taliban, and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a U.S. patrol walked by 30 minutes later. It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.
The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards. She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb. The shot went through his rectum and into the bomb which detonated; he was blown to pieces. The Air Force made a motivational poster of her. (Folks, that's a shot 25 yards longer than seven football fields) and the last thing that came out of his mouth ... was his ass!
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Reactions: SoCalGlide
Well, they didn't have an Army Service Ribbon back then either...

A lot of ribbons now are not because you did something, you just didn't do something stupid. Those bottom four rows are a lot of that kind.

I can't see this guy without thinking of:

1630629176059.png

Well, they didn't have an Army Service Ribbon back then either...

A lot of ribbons now are not because you did something, you just didn't do something stupid. Those bottom four rows are a lot of that kind.

I can't see this guy without thinking of:

View attachment 274623
We use to say (when they would give us a ribbon when we were in Vietnam) "all these ribbons and 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee back in the states". Coffee was a dime then.

Reactions: DuncLJ and Wildman
We use to say (when they would give us a ribbon when we were in Vietnam) "all these ribbons and 10 cents will get you a cup of coffee back in the states". Coffee was a dime then.

Yep and when I joined we said the same thing except it was $0.25 then. (1978)

Reactions: lowranger
Absolutely correct. In fact the ribbon to the far left on the 4th row from the bottom is the National Defense Service Medal. He has a bronze star on his indicating he has been awarded that medal twice. I also have been awarded that medal twice. Once for simply being on active duty during the Gulf War and the other for simply being on active duty on Sep 11, 2001.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Wildman
Absolutely correct. In fact the ribbon to the far left on the 4th row from the bottom is the National Defense Service Medal. He has a bronze star on his indicating he has been awarded that medal twice. I also have been awarded that medal twice. Once for simply being on active duty during the Gulf War and the other for simply being on active duty on Sep 11, 2001.

The Bronze Star has really fallen in the reasons to award it. I got mine cause I was a senior NCO in Iraq. Not for doing a grea tjob or anything else.
I never got the chance to ask if they gave the FUCK UP senior NCO's bronze stars or not.

Reactions: Fixer6