Mind the Gap?

dieselvrr

TJ Enthusiast
Temporarily mounted the 6" Bushwacker Flat Fenders on my 3.5 inch Metalcloak with 33's. Not sure how I feel about the gap between the tires and fenders. Thoughts?

wKy7PxV.jpg
lTzdv9T.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: primetime4
Yep, this is why I don't like flat fenders. I don't like all the gap. The stock fender flares--while sometimes restrictive--do a good job from an aesthetic standpoint, of hiding that gap.

Yep, this is why I don't like flat fenders. I don't like all the gap. The stock fender flares--while sometimes restrictive--do a good job from an aesthetic standpoint, of hiding that gap.

I'm OK with the front...its the rear that gives me a little heart burn. You can fit a small child in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
I'm OK with the front...its the rear that gives me a little heart burn. You can fit a small child in there.

Yes, the rear is what I was thinking about as well. You could throw a hard top on, that might level out the back and reduce that gap. I have the same extra height in the rear, but when I put my hardtop on and put the kids in the back, it levels out mostly.

I will be putting on front and rear dirtworx bumpers. Winch in the front as well. That would probably help the gap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any photos of the lift and tires with the stock flares for comparison?

oops, I see you have the other side still stock...will be interesting to compare

When the axle is fully stuffed will the tires hit any point on the stock flares? If they do, do you care? If it does, and you care, then embrace the gap.

I like it but I'm bias since I have the same fenders. I'm running a 3.5 rubicon express lift and 35s.
*Stole this photo from the sticker thread so don't mind my fake hood decal.
wranglertjforum.jpg