Minor English language rant

None of this is usually a problem, unless you cannot understand what the poster is saying due to the poor communication because of the wrong word(s) or usage. I guess it's just me, but if I want help with something, I want people to know what I am asking, without having to interpret my message.

Reactions: Chris
It isn't a judgement so much as a requirement to clarify what the issue is. I read lots of posts where I simply do not have a clear idea what they are trying to explain. It's okay to be illiterate, it's okay to be mechanically inept. It is probably not okay to excel at both and then ask for help with something on your Jeep if you expect accuracy in the solutions.

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Be that as it may.
There is a difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Be that as it may.
There is a difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

That reminds me of the occasionally important distinctions between "No, don't. Stop" and No, don't stop".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: psrivats
I’m just sitting here enjoying a expresso?
Now that you bring it up, I'm very surprised at the number of folks who believe espresso will keep them awake better than a much lighter roast when in fact the darker the roast, the lesser amount of caffeine it contains.

Reactions: Ericict
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
Whatever game we're playing, you win!

Reactions: matkal and Ericict
Hearing someone utter the word "irregardless" makes me question their cognitive abilities. It also causes me pain due to extreme teeth gritting.

LOL, I throw this word out there when in discussions with people when they start to play semantics. Its fun to watch their eyes twitch and jaws lock up.

Reactions: matkal
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

You win the internet today. It was hard to read, but funny as heck.

In the interest of tying threads together and never missing an opportunity for a laugh I bring you a perfect example of poor grammar from our very own forum...

Reactions: glwood