Mirror Relocation Question

I bought these relocation brackets. The factory mirrors bolt right to them and the brackets bolt to the windshield hinge brackets. The doors don’t hit them with the straps on and they are solid. I bought the cheap folding doors off mirror kit and hated it from day one.

View attachment 379543

These are the same ones I had! I liked them at first, but after a while I got to where I didn't on my Sport.

I will just run no mirrors when I take my 1/2 doors off now.

Reactions: MikekiM
I bought these relocation brackets. The factory mirrors bolt right to them and the brackets bolt to the windshield hinge brackets. The doors don’t hit them with the straps on and they are solid. I bought the cheap folding doors off mirror kit and hated it from day one.

View attachment 379543

The trouble with those brackets, like others of the same type, is that when you put the doors back on, unless you move the mirrors back TO the doors, you can't see the passenger side mirror.

Reactions: MikekiM
The trouble with those brackets, like others of the same type, is that when you put the doors back on, unless you move the mirrors back TO the doors, you can't see the passenger side mirror.

I've tried ll the ones listed (or something similar) and found my final solution eliminated the need to swap on and off, has no blind spots, aren't blocked with doors on or off and have at least what I think is a cool retro CJ look rather than a goofy 'I moved my stock mirrors to the a-pillar' look. What ever makes you happy..

Reactions: John Cooper
I've tried ll the ones listed (or something similar) and found my final solution eliminated the need to swap on and off, has no blind spots, aren't blocked with doors on or off and have at least what I think is a cool retro CJ look rather than a goofy 'I moved my stock mirrors to the a-pillar' look. What ever makes you happy..
I stole this from your previous post. I did something similar on the Muddog. The mounts I got use both bolts though. I also replaced the "quick release" bolt with a standard bolt and CJ heads. The heads are convex so that I get a better view with no blind spots.
1669483861887.png

Glad it works for you!
The mounts I have were designed to be located lower on the windshield hinge.. you can just see the mark the rubber backing pad left on the paint below. They haven't budged in a year so I can't reason to fret over a second bolt.

Reactions: John Cooper