MML or transfer case drop?

m9199

VibraJeeper
Supporting Member
I've got a 2.5" in lift, and I'm getting some vibrations. I've heard that both transfer case drops and MMLs can fix the issue.

I'd try the transfer case drop. It's probably cheaper and easier to install. It should help the problem, but there is no real guaranty. You may have drive shaft related issues, like bad u joints.

I'd try the transfer case drop. It's probably cheaper and easier to install. It should help the problem, but there is no real guaranty. You may have drive shaft related issues, like bad u joints.
How much would you recommend I drop the t case. I plan on getting a SYE soon, but now I just need a temp solution.

I'd personally install an MML. It will more than likely get rid of the vibes. If it doesn't, then you're setup for body lift and a belly-up skid should you ever decide to go that route.

How much would you recommend I drop the t case. I plan on getting a SYE soon, but now I just need a temp solution.

I think the standard kit is somewhere around 1-1/4”. You can just install flat washers between the six bolts between the transfer case skid pan and frame like mentioned above.

Slip yoke elimitator kit is definitely the best long term solution.

Reactions: TPyles
If you go the flat washer route, definitely the cheapest, you will probably need longer bolts also. You can probably lower it 1/2” on the stock bolts which may be enough.

I changed out my TC drop for a MML. It wasn't hard. I just didn't like the look of the lift with the TC drop. I have the square tube TC drop, if you want it you can have it, you pay shipping and its yours. PM me if interested

Reactions: Jon Wildes
1/2”-5/8” drop should work

MML is much better. I have 3” front and 2.5” rear and the MML solved my vibes

Reactions: TJim and Alex01
1/2”-5/8” drop should work

MML is much better. I have 3” front and 2.5” rear and the MML solved my vibes
Sorry to revive an old thread. Did you still have to drop your transfer case skid with the MML and 2.5" rear lift?

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did you still have to drop your transfer case skid with the MML and 2.5" rear lift?
No, all TJ’s respond a bit different, but most can get away with 2.5-3” suspension lift and a MML without vibrations and without the need to drop the TCase.

No, all TJ’s respond a bit different, but most can get away with 2.5-3” suspension lift and a MML without vibrations and without the need to drop the TCase.
Good to hear! I got a Savvy BL and a RC MML (solid block style) ready to be put on with hopes of reducing the 1"+ TCASE drop I have right now. Goal would be to get rid of the drop entirely but I have a set of washers ready in case I need to adjust. Hoping I don't run into issues with the manual shifter.

Reactions: JMT