Moab—Members Looking For a Trail Buddy

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
As the title states, this thread will be used to create a list of members going to Moab during "TJ Fest" who are looking for other members to run trails with that share their comfort level. Please try and keep chatter on this thread to a minimum. My intention here isn't for trails to be planed on this thread but instead to give people the tools needed so they can network with others and perhaps use the information they find to start other "planning" threads. If you aren't looking for others to wheel with, or already have a full group, then don't add your name to this list.

Please fill out the following information and post it to the thread. I will try and update this post at least once a day up until the first day of the event.
UsernameTire SizeLiftLockersWinchComfort Level RRW Rating 1-10 - Only Max NotedMisc
@Phil Younger312"YY4GMRS / Basic Tools
@DaveC312.5"NN4
@A2frontrange334"NY5Tools - All But 1
@CaliSteve355.5"YY5
@qslim334"NY5
@IBasket310"FY5GMRS/Tools
@RicGor333.5"NY5
@Coachyak333.5"NY5
@Larry97TJ353.5"YY6Tools
@Jdub354.5"YY6Tools/Fab Skills
@SecondChanceTJ324.25"YY6Tools/Fluid
@J&M’s ICON 354"YY6Tools/Parts
@Jeep Geezer310"NY6Moab Experience
@UhOh354"YY64/27-5/5
@Rourplayntoo353.5"YY7Tools
@JnJ_Adventures355.5"YY7Tools / GMRS
@65Corvair313"YY7Tools/GRMS -KJ (liberty)
@Stinkbug354"YY7
@NashvilleTJ406"YY9Tools/GMRS
@Rwd1960354.5"YY9Tools/Maps

Last edited:
Nice job Alex! I'll be there with my wife & little kids, so we probably aren't doing anything too tough - more into some scenic cruising, finding cool places to hang out along the trail. I'll be at the KOA & will have plenty of tools if anyone needs any help during the week.

UsernameTire SizeLiftLockers Y/NWinch Y/NComfort Level RR4W Rating 1-10
@qslim334.0NY5-ish, higher if my family isn't riding

Last edited:
My wife and I are headed out from Huntington Beach, Ca and staying at the KOA. We don't know anyone else that is headed out and I hate to wheel alone. My Jeep is more capable than me and this is my wife's first wheeling trip so I want to make it fun, scenic, and enjoyable so she will want to go again.

@Stinkbug354.0ishyY5-7

My wife and I are headed out from Huntington Beach, Ca and staying at the KOA. We don't know anyone else that is headed out and I hate to wheel alone. My Jeep is more capable than me and this is my wife's first wheeling trip so I want to make it fun, scenic, and enjoyable so she will want to go again.

@Stinkbug354.0ishyY5-7
If you have any weapons in the vehicle, keep them on your side of the seat so your wife can't use them on you once she figures out how badly you're going to be scaring her with your driving. Make sure she has a camera of some sort. World's best passenger crutch so they can get out and walk.

As the title states, this thread will be used to create a list of members going to Moab during "TJ Fest" who are looking for other members to run trails with that share their comfort level. Please try and keep chatter on this thread to a minimum. My intention here isn't for trails to be planed on this thread but instead to give people the tools needed so they can network with others and perhaps use the information they find to start other "planning" threads. If you aren't looking for others to wheel with, or already have a full group, then don't add your name to this list.

Please fill out the following information and post it to the thread. I will try and update this post at least once a day up until the first day of the event.

UsernameTire SizeLiftLockersWinchComfort Level RRW Rating 1-10
@qslim334"NY5-ish, higher if my family isn't riding
@Stinkbug354"YY5-7
Who came up with the categories and why is the one for driver skill missing?

Who came up with the categories and why is the one for driver skill missing?
My thought was comfort level would help others find people who were willing to run the same trails as them.

I'm not sure how to measure driver skill since there isn't a clear metric across the board. I suppose a "Been to Moab" category could be helpful though.

I'm open to ideas or suggestions to make this list better for others.

I think we first need to determine the options for driver skill.
  • Shitty
  • Moderately Shitty
  • Average
  • Above Average
  • Pro
How do we know someone isn't just boasting about their driver skill?

:LOL:

@Stinkbug354.0ishyY5-7
You won't be alone, I will be more of the scenic type also, my wife isn't a fan of nutso stuff, (she has done it but not a fan).

@Stinkbug354.0ishyY5-7
Also staying at KOA, join up with Team America we'll help you out. My GF is scared to death of heights but really enjoys the Moab trails. I arrive Saturday night, see you there.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/team-america.49198/#post-850142

UsernameTire SizeLiftLockersWinchComfort Level RRW Rating 1-10
@qslim334"NY5-ish, higher if my family isn't riding
@Stinkbug354"YY5-7

@CaliSteve355 1/2yY5

Reactions: Alex01
My thought was comfort level would help others find people who were willing to run the same trails as them.

I'm not sure how to measure driver skill since there isn't a clear metric across the board. I suppose a "Been to Moab" category could be helpful though.

I'm open to ideas or suggestions to make this list better for others.
Side note for you and @Chris, I know plenty of people will have tools and some spare parts, perhaps a list of people that will have trailers available to get someone back to town without a killer tow bill if needed. I will be available for that duty if needed. If this is acceptable you can message to get cell phone numbers for those that volunteer.

Side note for you and @Chris, I know plenty of people will have tools and some spare parts, perhaps a list of people that will have trailers available to get someone back to town without a killer tow bill if needed. I will be available for that duty if needed. If this is acceptable you can message to get cell phone numbers for those that volunteer.
That’s a good idea. I’ll have my trailer and some tools. If it fits, I’ll throw my Hobart 140 in the truck in the event someone needs it.

I'll also have a trailer, tools, and am renting a condo with a 2 car garage if work is needed.

Assuming the person who breaks down isn't alone, without coms, and no cell phone coverage I think a simple SOS post in the Moab thread, by the party that broke down or a member of the group who finds reception, would mobilize people fairly quickly.

Honestly, I think people would be more likely to break down on the way to/from Moab and struggle to find help than when we are all in the same area.

Reactions: Apparition