Moab Jeep Jamboree with an infant?

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
Has anyone ever had an infant in tow (so-to-speak) for a Jeep Jamboree? We're heading to Moab in October for the 20th Moab trip and could use some suggestions for the newest Jeeper of the family.

Thanks!

I've only been on one, but don't recall seeing anyone bringing a little one that little. I've got a buddy doing the Moab Jambo this year, wish I could have gone along. I've done a rental in Moab, but one day I'll get my own Jeep there.

It would be worth pinging Jeep Jamboree directly:
Please contact us with your questions.

Jeep Jamboree USA
2776 Sourdough Flat
Georgetown, CA 95634

Phone: (530) 333-4777
Fax: (530) 333-2844

Email: [email protected]

Actually just talked to my buddy that has done tons of Jambos, said he has seen infants a lot on the Jambos. Wish I would have done that with my Son way back.

Has anyone ever had an infant in tow (so-to-speak) for a Jeep Jamboree? We're heading to Moab in October for the 20th Moab trip and could use some suggestions for the newest Jeeper of the family.

Thanks!
I overland all the time with my 15 month old in the back of the TJ, and she loves it! Been dong this since she was maybe 6 months old.

Never been to Moab for a Jamboree but its all the same...I strap the car seat base in the center of the rear seat and criss-cross the seat belts through using both seat belts. That way she is not going anywhere, there's no side to side play whatsoever. It also makes loading them in easier through the rear of the Jeep and not the sides. Also consider getting a spiderwebshade for sun exposure if you rolling topless like we do. I have the full shade cage, but only use the top and rear, leaving the side open for the kiddo to see the amazing scenery! In addition to that I also have the Rock Hard "across the rear bar", its an add-on to the roll cage that mounts between the 2 rear roll bars apart at the bend. In a rollover situation those bends are a weak point and this bar prevents them from folding inward. It's a little extra piece of mind is all...

Also be prepared for some really cute baby sounds while driving. :D