Moab MTB

qslim

The Man with the Big Yellow Car
Lifetime Supporting Member
We're bringing the mountain bikes along this time, looking for some trail guidance. My boy got his first 24" last year, we've been tearing up N Utah - nothing too tough though as he's still learning. Any experienced Moab MTBers here that can suggest some easy to moderate trails that a 9 year old can handle?

Reactions: TJTJ04
I have never ridden in Moab but we are bringing bikes as well and have been looking at trailforks and mtbproject. Check out the Moab Brand trails, they are just north of town and seem to have a system of ez to technical and looks like it would have a few good beginner loops.

Reactions: Tob and qslim
The Klonzo trails off of Willow springs road are on the easy side. I rode these trails when I stayed out on Willow springs road BLM land a few weeks ago.
There is another trailhead called Klondike. I didn’t ride these but the terrain seems similar from what I saw as I drove north out of Moab today.

Reactions: qslim
@qslim and anyone else who wants to ride.

I'm going to ride the Slickrock warm up trail in the morning (Wednesday) and then ride up Sand Flats Rd to Falcon Flow which is an intermediate track back down to the carpark.

Friday, I might ride Slickrock (which is the bicycles on Hells Revenge), or organize a shuttle up to Porcupine Rim.

Anyone who wants to join text me on 858-three-seven-6-99-one-9
Nick.

@qslim and anyone else who wants to ride.

I'm going to ride the Slickrock warm up trail in the morning (Wednesday) and then ride up Sand Flats Rd to Falcon Flow which is an intermediate track back down to the carpark.

Friday, I might ride Slickrock (which is the bicycles on Hells Revenge), or organize a shuttle up to Porcupine Rim.

Anyone who wants to join text me on 858-three-seven-6-99-one-9
Nick.
That sounds tits, can’t join you though cuz my $3200 Specialized got swiped last night. Make sure your shit is locked up tight!

That sounds tits, can’t join you though cuz my $3200 Specialized got swiped last night. Make sure your shit is locked up tight!
Damn, I heard this happened but didn’t know it was you. That’s shitty as hell.

Reactions: mrjp
Damn, I heard this happened but didn’t know it was you. That’s shitty as hell.
Yeah man, less than ideal. Hopefully the sheriff finds a meth head riding it through town, but I’d bet it was someone on their way out of the KOA. 4 camper spaces on my row cleared out between last night & this morning.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
We mt biked Slickrock this afternoon. It was great. Make sure to bring your climbing legs, some steep climbs (not long, but steep), downhills were a blast. You should defintely ride the whole trail if you have the time, it took us just under 2 hours, but we didn't stop to chit chat or take pictures.

We mt biked Slickrock this afternoon. It was great. Make sure to bring your climbing legs, some steep climbs (not long, but steep), downhills were a blast. You should defintely ride the whole trail if you have the time, it took us just under 2 hours, but we didn't stop to chit chat or take pictures.

The practice loop was hard. I walked 30% of it 😂😂

But I still did falcon Flow after which was awesome!

BFF2720A-851E-4C04-8867-8017283DA533.jpeg

We rode Navajo Rocks today and it was awesome. We did a 17 mile loop but you can do much smaller loops if you want. Big Mesa trail was my favorite, Ramblin had the most fun.

I wonder if we passed?! I did a 20 mile loop from horse thief counter clockwise via 7 Up to Big Mesa then Chisholm. It got hot huh 😂

Reactions: LarryTJ
We rode Navajo Rocks today and it was awesome. We did a 17 mile loop but you can do much smaller loops if you want. Big Mesa trail was my favorite, Ramblin had the most fun.
We rode Navajo Rocks and Ramblin Trail today also. I think we were on the trail at 1000 or 1100, finished @ 1ish.

35CF1C94-137F-444C-9ACF-B79008B46B14.jpeg