Moab stickers on hood?

wagonwheel

1AFFCF8B-804B-49F7-A271-C19945FAAF0A.jpeg
Have a question, I bought a 2006 TJ it says MOAB across both sides of the hood. Have not seen many with that marking. It has a trail rating. Any info would be appreciated.

Reactions: glwood
The trail rated badge is just a stock badge all Wranglers come with. The Moab sticker is something the previous owner put there, it means nothing at all.

Gal I worked with had an all white TJ (including white hard top), with black accents. It had "STORMTROOPER" on the sides of the hood. Looked awesome!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and JP13
Gal I worked with had an all white TJ (including white hard top), with black accents. It had "STORMTROOPER" on the sides of the hood. Looked awesome!

That's pretty common among white JKs from what I've seen. I've seen that decal a number of times on white and black JKs. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is an okay movie... But you'd have to be a real Star Wars fan for that.

That's pretty common among white JKs from what I've seen. I've seen that decal a number of times on white and black JKs. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is an okay movie... But you'd have to be a real Star Wars fan for that.

Now that you've said it, I think it was a JK (I initially said TJ...oops). I was around when Star Wars was being advertised on TV, and I remember telling my aunt "Looks like just another Sci-Fi movie to me." Little did I know... I was amused by the gal's rig, I will say. Never seen another one, though.

Reactions: Chris
I also have a 2000 TJ.... "Bodges?? We don't need no stinking bodges"! Sorry....couldn't help it. :)
I have looked at adding the trail rated badge but couldn't justify the price..maybe after more pressing issues are resolved. Only then can I go for more eye candy, I have enough of that.:D
I know 40 bucks ain't much, but 40 for a decal as they call it. I still want one.:)

https://www.justforjeeps.com/trrabade.html

Well thanks for all the replies, Have seen that on jeep hoods before didn’t know if it meant anything or not.

There is a "Moab edition" for the newer JK models, but it was nothing more than some decals and trim pieces. There was however no "Moab edition" for the TJ models, so someone just put those stickers there just because they must have thought it looked cool.

If it’s trail rated, what’s the rating? Has marketing written all over it. I may pull mine and sell for $38.50 on EBay

Reactions: Travis
I have looked at adding the trail rated badge but couldn't justify the price..maybe after more pressing issues are resolved. Only then can I go for more eye candy, I have enough of that.:D
I know 40 bucks ain't much, but 40 for a decal as they call it. I still want one.:)

https://www.justforjeeps.com/trrabade.html
I cant put a Trail rated badge on mine as I don't have 'shackles' on the bumper hehe

Reactions: StG58 and Travis